Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2024 8:58 am  #2

Re: Bronny

Duquesne could be a good place for Bronny for all the reasons in this article plus another point guard made it to the Lakers from DU. Norm Nixon did.  So it's not a stretch to see it happen. 

Last edited by NapaDuke (5/02/2024 11:58 am)

5/01/2024 9:09 am  #3

If his name was John Smith would we even consider him a portal target?
Dont get me wrong, thats not his name, and I would love him to be here for a season.   I think the NBA would too, and LeBron isnt retiring after next season, so not sure what the rush is.

Last edited by townsonkid (5/01/2024 9:10 am)

5/01/2024 9:47 am  #4

townsonkid wrote:

If his name was John Smith would we even consider him a portal target?
Dont get me wrong, thats not his name, and I would love him to be here for a season.   I think the NBA would too, and LeBron isnt retiring after next season, so not sure what the rush is.

Probably not... Duquesne doesn't usually recruit Mcdonald's All-Americans. 

5/01/2024 11:43 am  #5

Hey if Bronny decides to make a visit perhaps his Dad comes along😂

If we give out 13 scholarships before Bronny decides and he does come will he be a PREFERRED walk on?
Certainly paying the tuition wouldn’t be a problem!

Go Dukes

Last edited by Motor (5/01/2024 12:11 pm)

5/01/2024 12:28 pm  #6

Chemistry - A new coach - My opinion only…
I don’t know if him coming here would be good for the team. Would it be good for Duquesne University? Yes. But the pressure to play him and deal with a mini- circus. Other players maybe feeling left out - The talk may be all about him and not the team as a whole.
    Now, this is an opinion. It has nothing to do with his character. I don’t know him. But it could be an issue…a big issue.
Go Dukes

5/01/2024 1:32 pm  #7

FAM wrote:

I don’t know if him coming here would be good for the team. Would it be good for Duquesne University? Yes. But the pressure to play him and deal with a mini- circus. Other players maybe feeling left out - The talk may be all about him and not the team as a whole.
Now, this is an opinion. It has nothing to do with his character. I don’t know him. But it could be an issue…a big issue.
Go Dukes

That could happen but it could work out just the opposite. All the returning players were first or second year players last year like him. He might just fit in well with these kids. He may have more in common with them once they meet.  As far as the rest of the players, they just won the A-10 and might repeat. I think they know they are champions with or without Bronny. At least Duquesne is being mentioned in a lot of basketball articles right now and that's a good thing.

Last edited by NapaDuke (5/02/2024 11:58 am)

5/02/2024 8:45 am  #8

NapaDuke wrote:

FAM wrote:

Go Dukes

That could happen but it could work out just the opposite. All the returning players were first or second year players last year like him. He might just fit in well with these kids. He may have more in common with them once they meet.  As far as the rest of the players, they just won the A-10 and might repeat. I think they know they are champions with or without Bonny. At least Duquesne is being mentioned in a lot of basketball articles right now and that's a good thing.

I would love to see Bronny at Duquesne.  I am beginning to feel, however, that the odds have shifted heavily that Bronny will be drafted. 

5/02/2024 10:40 am  #9

Napa, who is this Bonny fellow that you continuously speak of? 

5/02/2024 10:47 am  #10

CLK wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

FAM wrote:

Go Dukes

That could happen but it could work out just the opposite. All the returning players were first or second year players last year like him. He might just fit in well with these kids. He may have more in common with them once they meet.  As far as the rest of the players, they just won the A-10 and might repeat. I think they know they are champions with or without Bonny. At least Duquesne is being mentioned in a lot of basketball articles right now and that's a good thing.

I would love to see Bronny at Duquesne.  I am beginning to feel, however, that the odds have shifted heavily that Bronny will be drafted. 

CLK, I don't have a clue on which way this is going to go.  One thing that I am sure of is that LeBron will have the best interest of his son first and foremost.  If LeBron and family feel that going back to college for a year or two is going to give Bronny a better shot for a long career in the NBA, then that is going to happen.  LeBron will not sacrifice his son's future career just to fulfill his wish of playing in the NBA with his son.   

5/02/2024 11:57 am  #11

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Napa, who is this Bonny fellow that you continuously speak of? 

OOPS

5/02/2024 12:57 pm  #12

At first, I was all in on Bronny coming to DU.   And will still be happy if he does. 

But the more I think about it, the situation has a bigger potential for a large downside greater (I think) than the upside.   As long as Dru is the coach LeBron will be a big supporter of DU.

If Bronny came here and it did not work out, I would hate for that relationship to be damaged between LeBron and Dru.

5/02/2024 2:25 pm  #13

I agree with you Duq Blue.Lebron is valuable to Dukes and you dont want to mess that relationship up
with Dru  I think Dru and Lebrons friendship is strong and Lebron will be helpful to Dukes in the future.

5/02/2024 2:34 pm  #14

Dru has done a good job keeping the core of team together and bringing in some pretty darn good players
for next year.So far I give him a A+.

5/02/2024 3:52 pm  #15

stew wrote:

Dru has done a good job keeping the core of team together and bringing in some pretty darn good players
for next year.So far I give him a A+.

Me too. Could not be asking for much more at this moment! 24 days until the NBA draft and we maybe get some confirmation of the guy causing all of the commotion.

5/03/2024 9:03 am  #16

Jay Bilas has some good insight into Bronny’s next step.

https://x.com/jaybilas/status/1786389464245252308

5/03/2024 10:34 am  #17

I agree, he needs be the "Lead Dog" to progress further... In football  parlance, he needs to get more "Reps"
IMHO
Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (5/03/2024 10:41 am)

5/03/2024 4:18 pm  #18

If Jay Bilas mentioned a specific college for Bronny  he would have confused The Dukes of Duquesne with his beloved Duke😂

Last edited by Ironduke81 (5/03/2024 4:19 pm)

5/04/2024 8:35 am  #19

5/04/2024 10:50 am  #20

If I heard him right. Bronny has to go through the NBA draft stuff all the month of May before he would make a decision to commit to a college, so likely no decision until late May.

5/04/2024 9:33 pm  #21

Youtube is awash (search "Bronny James")  with opinions on the basic question as to whether Bronny is a " Pro" now... and what his next move is going to be whether to go back to for another year of college ball or Go Pro. I think he is taking the wise route to test his readiness by going to the NBA Combine to see how he stacks up against other pros....Here's one opinion (Gilbert Arenas) roundtable, as to whether Bronny is NBA-Pro Now.... It's very enlightening, what these former NBA Pros had to say.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQovYh9lMBY&t=40s
The first guy, that spoke in the white shirt , after the intro.... had some interesting thoughts (about Bronny's height) and how that prohibits him from being considered a legit can't miss  NBA prospect...Rasheed Wallace in  the blue shirt, on the right, I think had the most prevalent response, that Bronny should go back for another year of college ball.  

By the way, if  you notice when you do the search results for Bronny James (Youtube) ... alot videos featured are rather critical of Bronny, that's he's "overated" etc....So.. don't say I didn't warn you...

Here's two more, one with Gilbert Arenas.and another by Mr. Sports....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtapTFauq44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCXCpihlD0c

IMHO...Bronny can certainly " Carve his own Path"  with  a DU Dukes Jersey On

Finally I think this "Kid" is under alot of pressure... some have said, that he's a famous-rich (spoiled) kid and that he's had everything handed him. Because he didn't grow up poor, like his father, that he's not tough enough or didn't suffer enough... I find this kinda talk rather dissingenuous.... Having to live (All) your life...compared to the likes of your father being LeBron James must be a moumental alabatross to bear.... I certainly don't envy him...

I think we should save our last schoolie for  Bronny and just ... wait-it-out and see what happens... I think  Bronny is worth the wait, whether he comes to Duquesne....or not...Ultimately, I want whats best for Bronny and what he truly wants and desires....

Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (5/05/2024 8:13 am)

5/05/2024 7:32 am  #22

I would be excited to see Bronny play for DU.  I think it could be good both for him and Duquesne.  However, until we lock up a center, I wouldn't want Coach to hold a schollie for him.  I like  the returning players and the portal acquisitions to this point, but I see a true "5" as the missing piece.  They are super hard to get for a team like the Dukes and I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to sign one if I'm Coach Joyce.

Last edited by Tony84 (5/05/2024 7:34 am)

5/05/2024 8:36 am  #23

I'll be very interested to see what shakes out from this weekend's visits. I also agree that a 5 is what we need the most, but those guys 6'9" and taller guys (that aren't stiffs)....are really hard to find and secure for a Mid-Major like us....

I see... only 2- Schoolies left....  is that correct ?

Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (5/05/2024 9:09 am)

5/05/2024 7:56 pm  #24

I don’t think young Mr. James will need a scholarship. He can walk on.  I believe with his existing NIL and his family, he will not suffer.  Consider the pain that the local news will suffer, actually having to cover Duquesne!

Board footera