Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2024 11:15 am  #1

5/02/2024 8:38 am  #2

Re: Visits This Week

Myles Foster reminds me a lot of Tre Williams.  Big tough back to the basket PF.  we currently do not have a player like him on the roster and IMHO would be a great pick up for the Dukes if he signs.  I would still like to see us get a true big center to give us a replacement for Mahorcic. 

5/02/2024 9:37 am  #3

Hi agree with all you said would love to get Foster!

My feeling is we may be going to see Dixon Barre and Necus  who is 6-10 and growing man the center next year!

If that is case Marshal would be great pickup also then!

Going to be interesting weekend watch for more DRU DUST!

Last edited by Motor (5/02/2024 9:38 am)

5/02/2024 10:06 am  #4

Motor wrote:

Hi agree with all you said would love to get Foster!

My feeling is we may be going to see Dixon Barre and Necus who is 6-10 and growing man the center next year!

If that is case Marshal would be great pickup also then!

Going to be interesting weekend watch for more DRU DUST!

Great call Motor.  Necas did play some at center during our run, I think of him as a 3-4 guy, but he certainly brings a new dimension to this team at center.  It will be interesting to see what type of system Dru runs.  Neas is a great passer, and I could easily see him as the same type of center as Richmond had last year.  Here are videos of the two players visiting.  

5/02/2024 11:57 am  #5

Clk, I am with you 100% as to a true center.  I think Necas is more suited to the 4, maybe the 3.  I like both of these guys, especially Foster given his size/weight - Tre Williams may be a good comparison.

5/03/2024 3:24 pm  #6

Still hoping to get a visit from the Monmouth center unless of course he has signed elsewhere already. I saw on one site that Foster was in the top 100 of players in the portal. Good size and really nifty around the hoop. Think he played center a bit for the Redbirds much like Williams did for the Dukes. Also, don't think we can go wrong by signing Marshall from UAlbany. He's a player. I live an hour north from Albany and saw him play quite a bit this past season. Does anybody know the status of the kid from Idaho State that the Dukes were interested in? Thanks as always CLK for your great work as well as the other fans on this board contributing good bits of info in this off season. Go Dukes exciting times no doubt.

5/03/2024 4:12 pm  #7

I’m very impressed with the Amare Marshall’s offensive capabilities, especially his range on the three-ball.  He also looks like a strong player.

Last edited by levon1975 (5/04/2024 6:46 am)

5/03/2024 4:55 pm  #8

levon1975 wrote:

I’m very impressed with the Amre Marshall’s offensive capabilities, especially his range on the three-ball. He also looks like a strong player.

He's very impressive. Not a guy that shies away from contact. Can drive, dish, and rebound like a 6-7 guy. High basketball IQ. Wish we could get both him and Foster somehow, but not sure if we have one or two schollies left. If we got one of these two we'll be set big time with Corbett, Dinkins, Williams, and Crawford and the returning six. Toughest part of Dru's job will be allocating minutes much like it was toughest part of Dambrot's job. I and others criticized KD for not using Savrasov more, but in the end he knew what he was doing. 

Last edited by Rayrich (5/03/2024 7:36 pm)

5/05/2024 4:15 pm  #9

I just finished the PGH Half-Marathon and walked back to my hotel next to the Penguins arena  next to  DU campus , and walked right into, face to face,  with " Coach Dru",  and his two recruits, plus all  the Dukes coming back next year??? " MGA",. I just said " Coach Dru",  It's you!  He is such a great coach, he asked me about my race? In a way he really cared. Then he introduced both these  two recruits. I was amazed, first that he cared about my race, then said he was showing these kids our Campus. This coach is a real winner. Oh, at 70, my time really sucked. But seeing Coach Dru, was more then timeless.And these two recruits are studs. Nice day for me. Coach Dru is way more impressive face to face then in the press.

Last edited by NapaDuke (5/05/2024 4:25 pm)

5/05/2024 4:55 pm  #10

NapaDuke wrote:

I just finished the PGH Half-Marathon and walked back to my hotel next to the Penguins arena  next to  DU campus , and walked right into, face to face,  with " Coach Dru",  and his two recruits, plus all  the Dukes coming back next year??? " MGA",. I just said " Coach Dru",  It's you!  He is such a great coach, he asked me about my race? In a way he really cared. Then he introduced both these  two recruits. I was amazed, first that he cared about my race, then said he was showing these kids our Campus. This coach is a real winner. Oh, at 70, my time really sucked. But seeing Coach Dru, was more then timeless.And these two recruits are studs. Nice day for me. Coach Dru is way more impressive face to face then in the press.

Coach Dru, nor the Dukes player, nor the two recruits could see my race bib, but if they did,  my last name is James.But lucky, it was covered by my wind-breaker.  Yep. I am so amazed Mike James played for DU. Shane James, and Eric James, but like all of us, we really want to see  two more James to show up at DU. But, just by luck, I didn't have to bring up the topic? Coach Dru may or may not get Bronny. But, for me, it's not the name, it's the kids character, and I really believe, Bronny is a true winner. And just a plus to me kind of personnally, But, I really like his last name. Just maybe it's me, but just saying,  James got a kind of ring to it? . LOL.

5/05/2024 5:06 pm  #11

Thank you for sharing, Napa. Were the two recruits Foster & Marshall?

5/05/2024 5:22 pm  #12

CLK wrote:

Thank you for sharing, Napa. Were the two recruits Foster & Marshall?

Yes. And in the brief time shaking their hands and talking with them, I think they are a really good fit. To me, thinking of  the returning team and having Coach Dru, who would not want to come here right now. Really.

5/05/2024 6:59 pm  #13

Just saw this. Apparently Eli Wilborn a 6'9" forward from St. Francis visited today. Napa perhaps this was one of the guys you met today?

https://twitter.com/TheBluffBlog/status/1787247309861818465?t=Wt_wydhAts-mHcNzzhDjUg&s=19

5/05/2024 9:47 pm  #14

CLK wrote:

Just saw this. Apparently Eli Wilborn a 6'9" forward from St. Francis visited today. Napa perhaps this was one of the guys you met today?

https://twitter.com/TheBluffBlog/status/1787247309861818465?t=Wt_wydhAts-mHcNzzhDjUg&s=19

Foster for sure, but not as sure on Marshall since both kids were approx the same height. Both were a bit quite when I got to shake their hands and coach just introduced them as recruits.

5/06/2024 2:04 am  #15

Here's a good story about Eli... 6'9" 215 Ilbs St. Francis-transfer
https://www.middletownpress.com/gametimect/article/eli-wilborn-nec-st-francis-pa-men-s-basketball-18608560.php

ESPN Page:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5177286/eli-wilborn

Here's his transfer video....By the way, who the hell is producing these videos?? !!!! They constantly pick the same ole-worn-out music, time after time. Just a thought... from a long time video producer.... I could do better.... Just saying....LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9GRUFLzpM

Also...https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=Eli+Wilborn+St+Francis+video&mid=684DC5C932C523078559684DC5C932C523078559&FORM=VIRE.

I think he's an up and comer...and he's got 3 years left....This guy is not afraid to be super physical...Looks like he excells in, and looks for contact, seems fearless and has relentless motor.... He's a Dru kinda guy ...if I ever saw one !!!

Question...Is "Eli's Coming" to Duquesne ? ....LOL...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2eet1bttY

Go Dukes !!!

Last edited by CalDuke (5/06/2024 4:37 am)

5/06/2024 8:55 am  #16

Would like to add that fella!!!   Remember, those highlights are from him FRESHMAN season.   

5/06/2024 9:02 am  #17

townsonkid wrote:

Would like to add that fella!!!   Remember, those highlights are from him FRESHMAN season.   

Absolutely townsonkid!  Good players are wherever you find them. Wouldn't have expected a kid of this caliber at St. Francis but there he is and let's get him signed. This recruiting class is shaping up to be one of our best, especially if we snag this kid.

5/06/2024 12:00 pm  #18

Apparently, pretty much the whole A10 is after him.   Fingers crossed.

5/06/2024 3:17 pm  #19

NapaDuke wrote:

Such a cool story!!!

5/06/2024 6:41 pm  #20

NapaDuke wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Coach Dru, nor the Dukes player, nor the two recruits could see my race bib, but if they did,  my last name is James.But lucky, it was covered by my wind-breaker.  Yep. I am so amazed Mike James played for DU. Shane James, and Eric James, but like all of us, we really want to see  two more James to show up at DU. But, just by luck, I didn't have to bring up the topic? Coach Dru may or may not get Bronny. But, for me, it's not the name, it's the kids character, and I really believe, Bronny is a true winner. And just a plus to me kind of personnally, But, I really like his last name. Just maybe it's me, but just saying,  James got a kind of ring to it? . LOL.

Awesome Napa. Congrats on doing a half marathon at 70! I was a miler and cross country guy myself in HS and College. At 59 I still try to do a couple sprints everyday myself albeit they're more like jogs. Five knee surgeries later. So cool you met coach and the visiting players. 

Board footera