Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2024 10:05 pm  #1

Current roster

Is anybody up for posting the current roster with Heights of players and probable positions? I would love to look at it all in one place.

5/07/2024 11:44 am  #2

Re: Current roster

Styles1229 wrote:

Is anybody up for posting the current roster with Heights of players and probable positions? I would love to look at it all in one place.

I’m also curious to see if anyone has definitive, perhaps official, knowledge regarding whether a transfer player has one or two years of eligibility remaining.

5/08/2024 1:34 pm  #3

Here is my first attempt at a roster.  The info is from Verbal Commits, which includes the projected positions.  This was done in some haste so please excuse any errors and place make corrections as necessary. They did not list any centers and I am guessing that Dixon and Barre will fill that role.  Also, there seems to be a log jam at shooting guard. 

PG   3
[list=1]
[*]Tre Dinkins PG, Sr   6-2
[*]Karem Rozier     Jr     5-9
[*]Dom Aekins     Fr  5-8
[/list]
SG  5
[list=1]
[*]Cam Crawford         sr   6.5
[*]Jasheen Corbett     sr  6-6
[*]Maximus Edwards  sr   6-5
[*]Brandon Hall              jr    6-5
[*]Jake DiMichele          so   6-4
[/list]
SF 4
[list=1]
[*]Alex Williams               sr   6-5
[*]Matus Hronsky           jr    6-8
[*]Jakub Necas             soph   6-8
[*]Elijah Wilborn          soph   6-8
[/list]
PF 2
[list=1]
[*]David Dixon   jr   6-9
[*]Halil Barre     jr    6-9
[/list]

5/08/2024 1:42 pm  #4

dcdukesfan wrote:

Here is my first attempt at a roster.  The info is from Verbal Commits, which includes the projected positions.  This was done in some haste so please excuse any errors and place make corrections as necessary. They did not list any centers and I am guessing that Dixon and Barre will fill that role.  Also, there seems to be a log jam at shooting guard. 

PG   3
[list=1]
[*]Tre Dinkins PG, Sr   6-2
[*]Karem Rozier     Jr     5-9
[*]Dom Aekins     Fr  5-8
[/list]
SG  5
[list=1]
[*]Cam Crawford         sr   6.5
[*]Jasheen Corbett     sr  6-6
[*]Maximus Edwards  sr   6-5
[*]Brandon Hall              jr    6-5
[*]Jake DiMichele          so   6-4
[/list]
SF 4
[list=1]
[*]Alex Williams               sr   6-5
[*]Matus Hronsky           jr    6-8
[*]Jakub Necas             soph   6-8
[*]Elijah Wilborn          soph   6-8
[/list]
PF 2
[list=1]
[*]David Dixon   jr   6-9
[*]Halil Barre     jr    6-9
[/list]

Thanks for the contribution!! We got some dudes.

5/08/2024 1:55 pm  #5

I dont think Edwards and Crawford are going to be seniors.  Edwards had a redshirt due in injury while at K St, played the last 2 years at GW.   Crawford had a redshirt season after his freshman season, and then played his 2nd season in 2023-24.
Eligibility-wise, they each have 2 years left.
Everything else looks good.

Dukes are set up for potentially a nice run the next 2-3 seasons.   

Last edited by townsonkid (5/08/2024 2:31 pm)

5/08/2024 3:44 pm  #6

The year(s) value is the amount of eligibility the player has remaining.

-Tre Dinkins (Canisius)  PG/2G  6’2” 190  1 year   23-24 All-MAAC selection

-Cam Crawford (Marshal) 2G/SF  6’5” 192  2 years   scored 20 on Dukes this year/known as a great defender

-Jahsean Corbett (Chicago St)  SF/small ball PF  6’7” 210  1 year 17 & 7 vs OK. St./17 & 6 vs. Northwestern/23 & 10 vs. UTEP/21 & 11 vs. Dukes/poor 3pt shooter

-Maximus Edwards (GWU) SF/2G  6’’5” 215  2 years   A-10 ROY Year 22-23/Preseason 2nd Team A-10 23-24

-Alex Williams (Furman) SF  6'5" 210  1 year  career 39% 3pt shooter/strong rebounder/nice improvement every year/played good minutes in successful SoCon & NCAA tourney run 22-23

-Eli Wiborn (St. Francis PA) PF/small ball C   6'8" 215   3 years  NEC All-Freshmen Team 23-24/highest rated transfer of the bunch/ committed today/Beat out St.Louis, GMU, URI, VCU, & Clemson for his services

David Dixon C/PF. 2 years

Jake Dimichele SG/SF 3 years

Matus Hronsky. SF  2 years

Chabi Barre. C. 2 years

Kareem Rozier PG. 2 years

Jakob Necas. SF/PF. 3 years

There is a lot of versatility position wise but we are heavy in SF/PF area and 9 of the 12 rostered players can play the 3 spot (SF). I know positionless basketball is more the way than traditional 1 through 5 spots but by any estimation there will be a TON of competition for playing time amongst that group of 3s.  That is a very good “problem” to have.

Last edited by Styles1229 (5/08/2024 3:52 pm)

5/08/2024 3:52 pm  #7

And just for the fun of it, I predict the starting line up in the A-10 Championship game in 2025 for the Dukes will be:

1. Trey Dinkins
2. Maximus Edwards
3. Jahsean Corbett
4. Eli Wilborn
5. David Dixon

I would not be surprised it was 5 different guys too

5/09/2024 12:56 pm  #8

Styles1229 wrote:

And just for the fun of it, I predict the starting line up in the A-10 Championship game in 2025 for the Dukes will be:

1. Trey Dinkins
2. Maximus Edwards
3. Jahsean Corbett
4. Eli Wilborn
5. David Dixon

At this point can’t really know but im thinking along your lines that 10 people will be in the rotation!

5/09/2024 5:09 pm  #9

Motor wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

1. Trey Dinkins
2. Maximus Edwards
3. Jahsean Corbett
4. Eli Wilborn
5. David Dixon

At this point can’t really know but im thinking along your lines that 10 people will be in the rotation!

My guess is the starting rotation is adjusted every game but 10 plus players see significant minutes every game. This would accomplish several goals. Coach adjust to opponents, player all feel starting isn't that important because you get your time every game. And besides rotating the starting lineup likely reinforces team effort  over individual status,  and, very  likely,  coach can maintain a faster pace of game with this very deep team. Just look at the end of last season, playing  a deep bench the last games, it didn't hurt the results, but likely helped.

5/10/2024 12:19 pm  #10

I can't even imagine how DJ3 will go with only 10 players with the total depth he has at least on paper. Will have some tough choices and he may not be finished putting this together! Who really knows?

5/10/2024 1:04 pm  #11

The question in my mind is if Dru is done recruiting?  If Jake is still on Academic Scholarship as Styles reported, and Hall has not signed that would mean we have at least one more scholarship to give.   

I am not saying Hall has not signed.  I just have never seen anything on Hall actually singing to play this year.  He did commit after the early signing period in November but then was injured and had surgery in early April.  He most likely will miss most if not all of next season. Does anyone have any additional insight on his status?

Board footera