Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2015 4:57 pm  #1

Amazing Mike James

Mike is still playing basketball for NBA DLeague Texas Legends out of Dallas, Tx.

The 39 year old James thinks he is still one of the top 300 players to be in the NBA, the 10 day signing period begins soon.

Mike is playing about 31 mins. And averages 14.6 per game with 4 rebounds and 5.9 assists.

Mike makes his home in the Dallas area so his wife and 5 girls attend all games.

James  has played in the NBA longer than any Duquesne Graduate in school history, he's says he is playing at his lightest at 185 lbs.

I have been fortunate to know Mike and he has always played like a driven guy, sometimes with a chip on his shoulder, but always like a pro.

A diehard fan since 1961

2/18/2015 5:38 pm  #2

Re: Amazing Mike James

Phil, he was absolutely the quickest guard I ever saw in a Dukes uniform (including Norm). I have a Mike James workout t-shirt from his Timberwolve year. What a fine example of perserance he is.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/19/2015 4:50 pm  #3

Re: Amazing Mike James

Mike had a great crossover even in college.  He was extremely athletic, and really improved his jump shot to put himself in postion to play in the Association.  I'm not sure who was quicker on the first step, but Norman could flat out fly down the court once he took off.

Board footera