Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2015 9:09 pm  #1

lasalle

Wow things are so low that there was no thread for this game?  Wow

2/18/2015 9:18 pm  #2

Re: lasalle

Didn't see or hear game but by box score stats, Dukes appear to be out classed in first half and played even in 2nd half.
Jones back to poor shooting ways oh for 7, same ole Dukes......

A diehard fan since 1961

2/18/2015 10:42 pm  #3

It was on TV in Pittsburgh - They were embarassing.

2/19/2015 7:55 am  #4

Another embarrassing loss.  By the lack of response here it seems that everyone has been beaten down by this joke of a program and coach.  There are some who see the fly poop in the pepper and conclude the Dukes are getting better. I agree with Dunlap.

2/19/2015 8:18 am  #5

I am truly in a holding pattern till the end of this season.   I have said in the past that I was done, only to return.   But if Dougherty punts the firing of Amodio to the next President.....I will pack it in.   

I really don't want to waste any more angst on wondering whether the next President will care about sports or what the Board of Directors will do.   Dougherty needs to make the change needed at the end of the season to give us any sign of hope.  The Board needs to show they are committed regardless of the next President.

If he doesn't, I am not interested in waiting until 2017 to see how this all plays out.

2/19/2015 5:58 pm  #6

duqkurt wrote:

I am truly in a holding pattern till the end of this season. I have said in the past that I was done, only to return. But if Dougherty punts the firing of Amodio to the next President.....I will pack it in.

I really don't want to waste any more angst on wondering whether the next President will care about sports or what the Board of Directors will do. Dougherty needs to make the change needed at the end of the season to give us any sign of hope. The Board needs to show they are committed regardless of the next President.

If he doesn't, I am not interested in waiting until 2017 to see how this all plays out.

I am going to state what I will call an educated guess about what Dr. D will do. He will not fire Greg Amodio unless he is pressured to do so by the Board, and the chances of that happening are less than 50% in my opinion. I believe Dr. D will happily and willfully leave the decision to the next President. I just don't see him making that kind of profound decision with possible financial implications when he can pass the decision on to the next guy. I'm not saying he can't or won't make critical decisions. He's made a few of those in the past. However, with only one year left until he moves on, I think he'll take the easy way out.

2/19/2015 6:54 pm  #7

Westender wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

I am truly in a holding pattern till the end of this season. I have said in the past that I was done, only to return. But if Dougherty punts the firing of Amodio to the next President.....I will pack it in.

I really don't want to waste any more angst on wondering whether the next President will care about sports or what the Board of Directors will do. Dougherty needs to make the change needed at the end of the season to give us any sign of hope. The Board needs to show they are committed regardless of the next President.

I am going to state what I will call an educated guess about what Dr. D will do. He will not fire Greg Amodio unless he is pressured to do so by the Board, and the chances of that happening are less than 50% in my opinion. I believe Dr. D will happily and willfully leave the decision to the next President. I just don't see him making that kind of profound decision with possible financial implications when he can pass the decision on to the next guy. I'm not saying he can't or won't make critical decisions. He's made a few of those in the past. However, with only one year left until he moves on, I think he'll take the easy way out.

Agree with this. He's going to do what they did at Pitt, and leave the trash for the new guy to take out. The excuse will be that it makes sense for the new guy to pick his own AD. Actually, that does make sense, but it sucks to be stuck with the status quo for another year. If they clean house next year, I wonder if they would do what Pitt did, and pick a coach, prior to an AD being hired. Pitt picked their coach weeks ago, and still don't have an AD. That really gives the coach a lot of clout to run his program. The last coach to be in that position here was Satalin.

2/19/2015 9:39 pm  #8

Yes.  I think that will happen as well.  And come mid March and our hosting duties are over and GA is still here, DU will never get another cent from me again.  I won't even park on campus to go to hockey games.

BTW, I think it would be a gutless non-decision.  Dougherty hired Amodio.  He should do his own dirty work.  Amodio had lost the support of 99% of the fan base.  Limbo for two years will be the final nail in the coffin for this program.

Last edited by duqkurt (2/19/2015 9:48 pm)

2/19/2015 10:26 pm  #9

'81 - there is no way DU will hire a coach before they hire an AD. That would be too unorthordox and creative, and those concepts don't exist in the world of Duquesne basketball.

Board footera