Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2015 10:41 pm  #1

Fordham

Dukes are 4 point dogs in this one. Pomeroy has Fordham winning this one by 5, 79-74; giving the Dukes a 31% chance of a win.

Fordham has scored over 80 points just once against D-1 competition (83 at home vs. Saint Louis).  And they only have scored more than 70 points s 6 times in 16 A-10 games.

If the Rams put 80+ points up, the Dukes lose; Dukes hold them to 70 or less, Dukes win. Play some F-Ing defense, Dukes.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/03/2015 10:45 pm)

3/04/2015 6:42 am  #2

Re: Fordham

Fordham's last 5 games at home: Win over LaSalle. Win over St. Joseph. Win over St. Louis. Lose to UMass by 6. Lose to RI by 1. Like us they are a much better team at home. This will be a difficult game. What's new.

3/04/2015 6:56 pm  #3

Crucial game for the Dukes.  The Dukes still have a chance to overtake St. Joe's and skip the play in game.  On the other side they could fold like a cheap tent and be overtaken by Fordham. 

3/04/2015 6:57 pm  #4

Streaming the Fordham/DU game from my IMAC thru Apple TV to my large HD in my man cave.  Looking at the kids coming out for senior night.  I feel as bad for them as I did when our two seniors came out last week.  There looks to be as few fans in their place as we get in ours.  If we are going to win at least one away game this year, this has to be the time and place to do it.  Let's hope the LHTM defense of Ferry prevails, or maybe, just maybe (I know, I am dreaming) he might switch it up once or twice.  Good Luck Duquesne.

John Severe is starting for them because one of their big guns is out which can only help us.  Wasn't Severe recruited by the Dukes heavily?

Last edited by FAM (3/04/2015 6:59 pm)

3/04/2015 7:39 pm  #5

What a suck job of coaching right now by Ferry.  Jones guarding Rooms while Lewis and Robinson on the bench.  Gill really sucks on defense.

3/04/2015 7:42 pm  #6

FAM, Severe was a recruit that Ferry wanted badly, especially after Castro went to Butler.

Why did Ferry take both Lewis and Robinson out, and then get shredded inside. Gill continues to disappear both offensively and defensively.

3/04/2015 7:43 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

What a suck job of coaching right now by Ferry.  Jones guarding Rooms while Lewis and Robinson on the bench.  Gill really sucks on defense.

Wow, CLK. I was typing what you were typing.

3/04/2015 7:51 pm  #8

Since I turned on the game they have looked pretty good.  Do Mo is dominating.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/04/2015 7:52 pm  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

FAM, Severe was a recruit that Ferry wanted badly, especially after Castro went to Butler.

Why did Ferry take both Lewis and Robinson out, and then get shredded inside. Gill continues to disappear both offensively and defensively.

Gill apparently heard you at the end of the half.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/04/2015 7:53 pm  #10

Amazing that they are up at the half.  Micah starting to hit.  From what he has produced so far in this game, I don't see that Severe would be playing ahead of either guard on the Dukes.

3/04/2015 7:55 pm  #11

Ferry still doesn't get the fact that even in a zone, a 6-3 forward is a defensive nightmare. 

3/04/2015 8:02 pm  #12

Jones pretty much getting beat up underneath. Mason needs to shoot more. Nice comeback. Didn't give up after going down 10.

3/04/2015 8:22 pm  #13

FAM wrote:

Amazing that they are up at the half.  Micah starting to hit.  From what he has produced so far in this game, I don't see that Severe would be playing ahead of either guard on the Dukes.

Severe's head is really messed up right now, so I would not judge him on the player that he looks like today. Last year, he had the green light to shoot at any time and he was out-of-control. This year Pecora tried to completl rein him in and it backfired.  Severe took a leave of absence back in December from the team because he was so stressed out. He probably is a completely different player in another situation.

3/04/2015 8:28 pm  #14

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

FAM wrote:

Severe's head is really messed up right now, so I would not judge him on the player that he looks like today. Last year, he had the green light to shoot at any time and he was out-of-control. This year Pecora tried to completl rein him in and it backfired. Severe took a leave of absence back in December from the team because he was so stressed out. He probably is a completely different player in another situation.

Keep in mind that Ferry preferred Castro over both Severe, and Notice. Pitt was hard after Severe as well. I think when he left the team, he was looking to transfer. I think a lack of interest from good schools kind of woke him, and his handlers up.

3/04/2015 8:35 pm  #15

Will Ferry get Lewis or Robinson back in there? Now!

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/04/2015 8:36 pm)

3/04/2015 8:55 pm  #16

No minutes for Powell; good win for the Dukes.

3/04/2015 8:59 pm  #17

Big win for the Dukes.  Hope LaSalle can hang on and beat SJ.  Gotta wonder Phoenix if there is a message in Powell not playing?  I thought he was out of the dog house.

3/04/2015 8:59 pm  #18

And we cant lose 20 games now. 

3/04/2015 9:00 pm  #19

Man, there are some bad teams in the league this year.
Well, we've been competitive in every league home game this year. Let's see if we can continue that vs Davidson.

3/04/2015 9:06 pm  #20

Great win for the dukes on the road!  Too bad joes won. Maybe we can beat Davidson Saturday. Go Dukes

3/04/2015 9:09 pm  #21

CLK wrote:

Big win for the Dukes.  Hope LaSalle can hang on and beat SJ.  Gotta wonder Phoenix if there is a message in Powell not playing?  I thought he was out of the dog house.

Powell had a really good game vs. Dayton; played within himself, didn't try to do too much, gave up the ball, grabbed a few rebounds and showed some effort defensively.  Some of his bad habits reappeared vs. Saint Louis, and he was once again out of control vs. the Bonnies.

Ferry may have figured out that playing time is a reward and motivator for freshman; they have to earn their minutes.  And Ferry gave a lot of minutes to Powell and James at the beginning of the year, at the expense of Domo. Will be interesting to see how Powell responds in practice over the next couple of days; we will find out if and when he gets minutes vs. Davidson.

3/05/2015 5:04 am  #22

Nice Game - enjoyed watching it - nice second half.

3/05/2015 7:58 am  #23

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Powell had a really good game vs. Dayton; played within himself, didn't try to do too much, gave up the ball, grabbed a few rebounds and showed some effort defensively.  Some of his bad habits reappeared vs. Saint Louis, and he was once again out of control vs. the Bonnies.

Ferry may have figured out that playing time is a reward and motivator for freshman; they have to earn their minutes.  And Ferry gave a lot of minutes to Powell and James at the beginning of the year, at the expense of Domo. Will be interesting to see how Powell responds in practice over the next couple of days; we will find out if and when he gets minutes vs. Davidson.

That makes sense.  Got to wonder if Sanders was at the game.  Ferry did a good sales job on this kid. I know before he signed some big schools were pushing him to go to prep school, which could still be an option for him if he is not totally comfortable with his decision to play at DU.  A normal question for him would be how do I fit in?

3/05/2015 1:51 pm  #24

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

CLK wrote:

That makes sense.  Got to wonder if Sanders was at the game.  Ferry did a good sales job on this kid. I know before he signed some big schools were pushing him to go to prep school, which could still be an option for him if he is not totally comfortable with his decision to play at DU.  A normal question for him would be how do I fit in?

What has changed between the time he signed and now that would affect how he fits in?

3/05/2015 2:59 pm  #25

WEB wrote:

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

What has changed between the time he signed and now that would affect how he fits in?

Yeah, I would see him as part of a three headed monster at the center position.

Board footera