Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2015 4:27 pm  #1

Woman beat Bona for 20th win - Bracketology Update

7th consecutive 20 win season.   Great job to the coaching staff and the team. 

Proving I know nothing about basketball because I thought they would struggle to be a 500 team. 

Picked 7th in A10 coaches poll finished 3rd.

Rhode Island will be 6th seed.   The Dukes will
Play the winner of the Rhode Island vs Play in winner.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/02/2015 11:32 am)

3/01/2015 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Woman beat Bona for 20th win - Bracketology Update

Decent win for the Lady Dukes was 25-25 at the half one of the Lady Bonnies had 14 of the 25 -  Ladies did a much better job in the second half taking her out of the offense and forcing the other players to score. St Bonnie scored 6 points or so in the last 13 seconds -- Final was 61-53 so in the first 19+ minutes of the second half - Lady Dukes held them to like 22 points.

DU is reportedly on the bubble for the NCAA - don't know how much the loss to St. Joes might hurt -  HERE is what I wonder about -  in the guys draw teams on the bubble may still appear 5 or 6 times on National TV -  The Committee Members at least have a DECENT chance to see them -- HOW DOES THE COMMITTEE EVALUATE DUQUESNE VS OTHER TEAMS IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS??  Today's win could have looked a lot better if St. Bonnie didn't get those 6 points in "garbage time" against some of the walk-ons.  Still the Coach wanted to pull the Seniors separately etc.

3/01/2015 5:56 pm  #3

At large berth is not in play with loss to St Joes.  But that doesn't take away from the season.

And it was a stretch to get an at large berth even had they not lost. 

All the at large bids in the women's tourney go to the P5 conferences.  With second tiers conferences (A10, American, Big East, WCC) maybe getting an additional bid each.

I watched the other team across town and I still think we are better than them but they will get in. 

I like the draw we have in the A10 tournament.   Let's win it.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/01/2015 6:00 pm)

3/02/2015 11:35 am  #4

Per ESPN Bracketlogy update this morning, Duquesne has not moved positions.    They remain the out of the tournament.    They are listed as the 6th team out.  Same position as before the Joe's loss

Per Rogabee's analysis on the other board, I agree with him.   I don't really see any they get an at large bid.   But they didnt totally disappear from the bubble watch which surprised me.

3/04/2015 10:48 pm  #5

Just for the heck of it - I checked out the Ladies RPI Rating -  DU was #47 -  Believe it or not UCONN WAS #5!!!  CAN YOU IMAGINE THEM AS A 2 SEED???  -  Not only would I have them #1-  BUT THERE WOULD BE NO #2 BEHIND THEM -  just a couple of #3's!!!!

3/05/2015 8:27 am  #6

I think we would still be out.   But that St. Joes loss was a killer for the at large bid.   I am not faulting the team.   They have really rebounded nicely from a rough start and really did way more than was expected of them.

I am surprised that their RPI bounced back up to the 40s.   After the the loss, it was 56 or 57 I believe.

3/06/2015 5:41 am  #7

I pretty much agree that we're out (IT COULD get interesting if we somehow win two tournament games)  But just trying to make a point of how ANYONE could use a system where U Conn's women were #5 overall -  MAYBE someone could justify putting them #2 overall.

And 20 wins is a DAMN Good season so hats off to the Ladies.

Board footera