Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2015 9:53 pm  #1

We need to organize a demonstration, prayers for CoachRhodes

I thought Hogan was  relieved of his duties  when it came to basketball after RE was hired and I thought  Uncle
Chuck was a friend of Duquesne athletics and there  were upgrades made everywhere concerning mens basketball. Lies, deception,a lack of committment,nothing ever changes on the Bluff.
 I dont really want anyone to   lose his job especially John Rhodes who I pray for everyday.I want Ferry
to succeed but after watching the game on the TV in Columbus I think  Ferry  and his staff have no idea
on how to coach defense against a team like Davidson  or NJIT or anyone. Next year is more of the
same as this years team. Changes need to be made in athletics very soon.
   Right now I am unhappy enough with Duquesne to drive over to Pittsburgh and take part in a rally not
only for basketball but the Tamburitzans. Underfunding the Tammies is insane,its the pride of Duquesne.
   Duquesne has very big problems attracting students outside of Western Pa to offset the ever shrinking
number of  local high school students available to attend Duquesne.  Problem is Duquesne traditions
keep sliding  into oblivion.  A message needs to be sent to the new president, how do you keep the
alumni donations up  and keep the enrollment from shrinking .  A lot of folks turned off because of
the schools lack of vision and unwllingness to think outside the box.
I doubt Villanova or Xaiver or even Seton Hall have problems attracting better students increasing the
schools  academic reputation.
I am available if you want to organize or discuss  Duquesne basketball.

3/09/2015 4:09 pm  #2

Re: We need to organize a demonstration, prayers for CoachRhodes

A couple of points in response Stew.
Actually they are attracting students, and have set several new records in recent years regardin the size of the Freshman classes at Duquesne, so that isn't a problem. 

They seem to attract a much different student than in the past, possibly by design.  The current student must be required to take a pledge to Father Hogan, and never attend a Duquesne basketball game.  Students are evidently told that basketball is about as important as the French Club on campus.

The problem at Duquesne isn't that you can't win there, but that the Administration doesn't have the willingness to win.  Not being able to win, and not having the willingness to win are two different issues.  Perhaps when Hogan and Daugherty are gone, there will be some clarity as to the goals of the University in Mens basketball, but at this point, why take part in a charade.
Why would the students come to see crap? Pittsburgh doesn't support losing teams.

Last edited by duq81 (3/09/2015 6:59 pm)

Board footera