Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2015 3:37 pm  #26

Re: Dejan Kovacevic - Article

godukes1970 wrote:

I'm not sure about all of the reasons for the disassociation between the Tammies and Duquesne University.  The Tammies are now independent from Duquesne University.  I believe that the administrators of the Tammies wanted to open up its membership to students to colleges other that Duquesne.  You have to wonder why should a university support an organization and lend it the university's name if all of its members are not Duquesne students.  

There just aren't enough kids willing to join the Tammies anymore despite the scholarships available to them as members of the Tammies.  I know a young lady who is attending college at Miami of Ohio who is an excellent dancer and violinist.  She visited Duquesne as a high school senior but just didn't want to do the Tammies thing even though she may have gotten a full ride by doing so.  The financial aid package she got at MU was comparable to what she'd have gotten at DU as a Tammie without all of the additional work.  There just aren't as many kids, especially boys, in the youth dance groups that fed the Tammies as there used to be.

Board footera