Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2015 10:55 pm  #1

Local Media coverage tonight

I don't live in Pittsburgh so I just thought I would check the local media for tonight's wiin.

1.  WTAE: Very nice, headline at the top of the sports page and wire story.

2.  WPXI: Wow, they still have  an actual "Duquesne" link on their page. Click on it to the wire story.

3.  KDKA:  Nada, nothing, no score, no update, and at least three Robert Morris stories.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/12/2015 8:44 am  #2

Re: Local Media coverage tonight

I have found that coverage has that you found last night has been pretty much like that all year. 

WTAE will actually give womens scores and sent a camera to a womens game and did a story. 

WPXI was showing last night game on PCNC, so they were even tweeting about the game.  ABly Oxenreiter seems to give the most coverage. 

KDKA and CBS owned radio 93.7 just plain ignore us.   93.7 the Fan is the flagship of Pitt and the LOVE all things related to RMU. 

I don't think any of the local stations sent a camera crew to any men's games this year with the exception of the Pitt game.   If they show highlights, they are from games that are on TV and they take the tape.

Last edited by duqkurt (3/12/2015 8:46 am)

Board footera