Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2015 12:10 am  #1

Strive for Five: Clobber the Colonials!

Did anybody else hear what sounded like distant thunder last night?  It was barely audible, like a far off clap or snapping sound, but I could swear it sounded like it was emanating from Brooklyn.    

Clobber the Colonials! 

Shoo-Shoo Rah-Rah 

Let's Go Duquesne!!!

Last edited by IronDukes12 (3/12/2015 12:13 am)

3/12/2015 7:23 pm  #2

Re: Strive for Five: Clobber the Colonials!

Seems to be a tough shooters court so far. Maybe having played a game will help us against G.W.

3/12/2015 8:14 pm  #3

Video is super laggy for me.  Anyone else?

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/12/2015 9:00 pm  #4

Come out strong or head home.

3/12/2015 9:00 pm  #5

Watching onNBC, getting killed on boards and GW has four guards on perimeter and pass until someone is wide open, then sink the trey.

If you don't swich out of zone to man, when will you?

A diehard fan since 1961

3/12/2015 9:02 pm  #6

LHTM defense not working in the 1st half. Have you ever seen such a passive zone defense?

3/12/2015 9:37 pm  #7

LG is so bad at defending. Goodness gracious.

3/12/2015 9:56 pm  #8

I'm sorry but DC has been horrible in tourney so far

3/12/2015 9:59 pm  #9

Duquesne played hard, had it down to 4 late 2nd half,  Coulter had difficult game, lot of fouls at end,

Dukes never stopped fighting, played hard .

A diehard fan since 1961

3/12/2015 10:03 pm  #10

Another season in the books.

3/12/2015 10:12 pm  #11

Very difficult to overcome Colter, Jones and McKoy going 9/34 from the field. What I think we saw from Colter was tired legs from Ferry's insistence going down the stretch and post Stevens of a 6-7 man rotation and really for the guards no rotation. You can not play 39/40 minutes a game without paying a price. Once again could you do anything to try and help Mason get open. Wasted what could have been a really special night by Micah.

3/13/2015 5:59 am  #12

The Dome wrote:

Very difficult to overcome Colter, Jones and McKoy going 9/34 from the field. What I think we saw from Colter was tired legs from Ferry's insistence going down the stretch and post Stevens of a 6-7 man rotation and really for the guards no rotation. You can not play 39/40 minutes a game without paying a price. Once again could you do anything to try and help Mason get open. Wasted what could have been a really special night by Micah.

Adding Castro to the rotation at guard should really help there. That said, one of the bigs is really going to have to step up for the team to show more than modest improvement.

3/13/2015 6:40 am  #13

The Dome wrote:

Mason hit four in a row and then the usual happened, Coulter took shots from outside or drove into traffic with no success. Don't  think Mason got an open shot or was even looked for.

A diehard fan since 1961

3/13/2015 7:56 am  #14

Coach Ferry was quoted in the paper as saying that the team made significant improvements from the beginning to the end of the year and that he would have liked the season to go on a couple of more weeks to see how much better they would become. I agree that there were improvements, but the upside is not great. Yes we have a good guard coming in from transfer status. Yes we have a nice mid size big man coming in as a freshman. But, this team has far too many holes moving forward to make any meaningful improvement. No post season play next year.

3/13/2015 9:24 am  #15

pressurecooker wrote:

Coach Ferry was quoted in the paper as saying that the team made significant improvements from the beginning to the end of the year and that he would have liked the season to go on a couple of more weeks to see how much better they would become. I agree that there were improvements, but the upside is not great. Yes we have a good guard coming in from transfer status. Yes we have a nice mid size big man coming in as a freshman. But, this team has far too many holes moving forward to make any meaningful improvement. No post season play next year.

I don't know:  75% in the OOC (losing only to Pitt and Robert Morris) and at least .500 in the A-10, at least one win in the tourney, should put them in the discussion for one of the tertiary tourneys below the A-10!

A makeable goal, and IMHO the only result that keeps Jim Ferry employed beyond next year.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera