Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2015 4:19 am  #1

On A Sad Note

Thursday's Tribune carried the Obituary of Rich Talarico who was a long time Assistant to Mayor Caliguri - In the FIRST paragraph his son mentioned he loved cheering on the Dukes at Palumbo Center and always had a smile on his face.  Not MANY of them left.

3/13/2015 5:20 pm  #2

Re: On A Sad Note

Very Sad! Rich was a good person & loyal Duquesne fan. Many will miss him. God speed my friend.

3/13/2015 7:20 pm  #3

I got to know Rich through Duquesne basketball. He was a very loyal fan and supporter, and he stayed with the program regardless of the results. He was a kind and really funny guy who didn't take himself too seriously and often made fun of himself. Sad and shocking.

3/13/2015 7:29 pm  #4

Very saddened to hear this news. Rich's seats were near where my Dad and I sit. He was very friendly and personable and I'll miss seeing and chatting with him at the games. RIP Rich and condolences to the Talarico family.

3/13/2015 7:31 pm  #5

I'm guessing the Post Gazette will have a fairly large obituary in the paper tomorrow (Saturday)  I kind of expected one today.

3/14/2015 12:13 pm  #6

Rich brought a style that few could match. He always had a kind thing to say.

3/14/2015 5:40 pm  #7

When Rich was working in the Mayor's office, he was part of the group that pretty much saved the Pirates from leaving Pittsburgh when the Galbreath family was selling in 1985. A public-private partnership group spearheaded by the Mayor ended up buying the Pirates.  You could imagine the outcry at the time with the city investing money into a sports team, when the industrial base of the city was collapsing.  The rest is history.

Through the years, it was rare that Rich missed a Dukes game, coming with his wife, dad, or his boys; always pulling for the Dukes.  He will be missed by many.  My condolences to his family.

http://triblive.com/obituaries/newsstories/7948663-74/talarico-richard-duquesne#axzz3UOxNiJH2

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (3/14/2015 5:41 pm)

Board footera