Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2015 10:35 am  #26

Re: Pitt Women In - Duquesne Women Out

I totally agree Levon.  I would put Duke on the level of being  a cut above with ND.   I saw Syracuse, Louisville and NC and they were not any better than GW or Dayton.   

I think we could have played Pitt's schedule with similar results.

3/19/2015 12:10 pm  #27

Re: Pitt Women In - Duquesne Women Out

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

The task for mid majors has gotten to be impossible with the P5 firmly in control. They lose to each other and get boasted because of strength of schedule.

You are asking for the what is damn near impossible from teams like DU. Yes the PC loss was a bad loss. But these loses are almost like a single elimination factor for teams like DU.

Playing every game knowing you have no margin for error is what is damn near impossible.

If this is what the NCAA is going to become on men's and women's side then I won't have any interest in watching. UCLA on men's side and Arkansas on women's side get in on strength of losses? Please.

There are basically 2 conferences worth anything in women's hoops. These are the ACC, and SEC. The other P5 leagues are basically what the A10, MWC etc. are on the men's side, with the rest getting what crumbs are left over. The A10 is a 2 bid league, so we better reach the top 2 if we want to dance. We can't get any P5 teams other than Pitt to come to Palumbo, so any top competition has to be played on the road. It's a very tough row to hoe.

Syracuse of the ACC played at Palumbo this season.  I saw some ACC womens action this season, and after ND, I didn't see much in the way of superiority.  The games I saw were sloppy and not the high quality product that I would have expected from the league.

The other leagues are worse. Maryland, which was part of the pack in the ACC, blew through the Big Ten this year. Maybe we could do well in the ACC, but we played one of the worst teams in the Big East, which is a terrible mid major league in women's hoops, and we were beaten easily. You just can't lose a game like that. We lost to every good team we played except for Pitt. We have to beat some of those teams.

Board footera