Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2015 9:27 am  #1

Hewitt & Pecora Fired A-10 moving forward

Next season the majority of the teams return 80-85% of their roster (players with significant minutes).conference should be strong. Oh both GMU & Fordhams press release was about 3 small paragraphs thanking the coaches and moving forward.Only at Duquesne does a treaties somehow gets forwarded to CBS assassinating the former coach. Go WVU maybe RE can overcome google and get a head coach offer.

3/24/2015 9:38 am  #2

Re: Hewitt & Pecora Fired A-10 moving forward

At what point will people stop lamenting on the RE situation?  I am glad he is doing well at WVU.  Being an assistant and being a head coach are completely different things.  I expect that RE will have success with his next move as well.  That said, I heard Huggins talking on ESPN the other day about his pressure defense.  He didn't get the idea from RE, he got it from a fellow coach.  I believe that RE is probably a great assistant, and I loved him on campus, but we need to move on with the program.  Ferry has 2 more years in my book.  Next year is crucial to his success.  He needs to win about 18 games minimum because he will be losing Mason and Colter the following year.  The defense needs to improve tremendously.  If none of these things happen, the new president of Duquesne needs to hire a new AD and together they can decide what is best to move our program forward.  Perhaps the new president will really support athletics.  As a Penn State fan as well, I know that they are recently trying to put more resources into their program since Barbour was hired as AD.  I'd like to see a similar committment on our end, although I honestly think that Ferry is given a lot to work with.  

Last edited by Simms (3/24/2015 9:44 am)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/24/2015 11:03 am  #3

Re: Hewitt & Pecora Fired A-10 moving forward

Can we PLEASE move on from all the RE stuff. He's gone, he's not coming back, I wish WVU the best of luck against kentucky.

Board footera