Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/21/2012 7:41 am  #1

Louisiana-Lafayette

12/21/2012 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Louisiana-Lafayette

Going to be a tough win to get. We are due for a good shooting performance on the road. Matt Moss has decided to transfer.

12/21/2012 3:07 pm  #3

Kadeem  is 1-12 shooting the trey in the last 5 games.  He is due for a good shooting night.

12/21/2012 5:18 pm  #4

CLK wrote:

Kadeem  is 1-12 shooting the trey in the last 5 games.  He is due for a good shooting night.

Here's a guy who is doing many of the little things well, but he's awful at the thing that was supposed to be his calling card. He'd be a very valuable player if he could shoot, but if he keeps throwing up bricks, I don't see how he can keep his minutes.

12/21/2012 6:59 pm  #5

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Here's a guy who is doing many of the little things well, but he's awful at the thing that was supposed to be his calling card. He'd be a very valuable player if he could shoot, but if he keeps throwing up bricks, I don't see how he can keep his minutes.

I think you answered your own question; he is 6'6" and gives them a bigger body to defend some to the other teams bigs.  He has really improved as a rebounder as well.

12/21/2012 9:50 pm  #6

levon1975 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

I think you answered your own question; he is 6'6" and gives them a bigger body to defend some to the other teams bigs.  He has really improved as a rebounder as well.

This is all true, but we can't live with him putting up 2 and 3 points a game, not when you have an offensively limited player like Marhold getting major minutes. We may be stuck this year, but Ferry will recruit over him if he doesn't begin to score more. It's frustrating, because when he came here, we were told that he was a typical good shooting Euro player, but you wondered if he could pick up the other parts of his game. He's picked up the other parts well beyond expectations, but he shoots about as well as Eric Evans, which is not good.

Last edited by duq81 (12/21/2012 9:57 pm)

12/22/2012 9:30 am  #7

I think Kadeem suffers by not being around during the summer. I understand he wants to go home and see his family, but then come back for summer league play. Next year, Soko will definitely start, and if Abele can play himself into a starting role, a front line of Martins, Ovie and Quevyn Winters and a backcourt of DC and Jeremiah Jones would be great.

12/22/2012 11:29 am  #8

Possible video link for tonight's game.

http://hotsportsblog.org/live-streaming-duquesne-vs-louisiana-lafayette-basketball-tv-watch-december-22-2012/

Lots of other games.

Saturday, December 22
12:00 PM | Murray State at Dayton CBS Sports Network |
12:00 PM | Temple vs. Syracuse (Gotham Classic – Madison Square Garden) ESPN2 | ESPN3 or Watch
02:00 PM | Evansville at Butler MyIndy-TV23 |
02:00 PM | Florida State at Charlotte (TW Cable Arena) CBS Sports Network |
02:00 PM | Sacred Heart at La Salle |
02:00 PM | East Carolina at Massachusetts |
02:00 PM | Georgia State at Rhode Island Ocean State Networks |
02:00 PM | Wofford at Xavier FOX Sports Ohio |
03:00 PM | St. Bonaventure at NC State ESPN3 | ESPN3 or Watch
03:00 PM | VMI at George Washington |
03:00 PM | Richmond vs. George Mason (Governor’s Classic - Richmond Coliseum) |
03:30 PM | Loyola Marymount at Saint Louis FOX Sports Midwest |
07:00 PM | Fairfield at Saint Joseph’s |
07:30 PM | Longwood at VCU |
08:00 PM | Duquesne at Louisiana Lafayette |

Last edited by CLK (12/22/2012 11:32 am)

12/22/2012 12:00 pm  #9

ElDuque wrote:

I think Kadeem suffers by not being around during the summer. I understand he wants to go home and see his family, but then come back for summer league play. Next year, Soko will definitely start, and if Abele can play himself into a starting role, a front line of Martins, Ovie and Quevyn Winters and a backcourt of DC and Jeremiah Jones would be great.

That does look like the probable starting 5, and it looks like a good one. Jerry looks good as 6th man, and Kadeem could be a big contributor too, if he finds that shooting touch.  Might have lost it while working hard on the other aspects, but maybe he will get it back.

12/22/2012 12:37 pm  #10

applecorps wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

That does look like the probable starting 5, and it looks like a good one. Jerry looks good as 6th man, and Kadeem could be a big contributor too, if he finds that shooting touch.  Might have lost it while working hard on the other aspects, but maybe he will get it back.

He'd be a very good player if he could score. Add Watkins to the mix up front, and we could be very competitive next year.

12/22/2012 12:50 pm  #11

WashPaRick wrote:

Going to be a tough win to get. We are due for a good shooting performance on the road. Matt Moss has decided to transfer.

Maybe Moss could get on the plane and come home with us.

12/22/2012 1:30 pm  #12

Scotchngars wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Maybe Moss could get on the plane and come home with us.

Has he done anything with them, or is this a case of him not being good enough to play much?

12/22/2012 2:22 pm  #13

Matt Moss Stats

GP   Starts    Min.    Avg min.    FG    FGA    3FG    3FGA    TO   BLK  STL   RB

8         0         34        4.3           4       12        3         9         5      0       1       8

Only a freshman he has nice size but don't know the answer, maybe Nola Duke from the yuku board has seen him play and have some insite.

12/22/2012 5:29 pm  #14

I still don't understand why there hasn't been significant improvement in the foul shooting -- currently  less than 64%.  That is an aspect in which we fall short against A-10 opponents almost every time we play -- n' gotta believe it would help us win games.  That's an area that cold improve if a little work was put into it...

12/22/2012 8:32 pm  #15

Sounds like the refs are doing everything they can to give Louisiana the win tonight.

12/22/2012 9:34 pm  #16

Refs are the worse I have ever seen.  It's also the most frustrating online version of a game I've ever watched.  3 replays after they make a shot...

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/22/2012 9:36 pm  #17

They just made a layup..  a layup, and they showed a replay.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/22/2012 9:38 pm  #18

kadeem is spooked off of shooting the 3.  0/0

12/23/2012 7:59 am  #19

THAT ... was a bad loss. That team was not good at all. May be its last win of the year.

C'mon man! Dukes have got to play better than that!

12/23/2012 9:10 am  #20

I know the Dukes last year beat this team by 19 points but as I said W &Ls do not matter @ this stage. Yeah Duquesne is a solid 3rd in Pgh behind Bobby Mo but the Catholic conference changes everything. TV revenue better recruits university prestige. Hopefully this team especiallythe younger players improve.Charlie must decide the future after the end of the season. In Charlie I trust!

Board footera