Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2015 3:28 pm  #26

Re: Next Season

I see your point but 16 years of losing to the school we compete most with for students is demonizing. And its thinking like yours that makes it okay that we have been. Through a bitter rival with pitt in where we trade wins with each other sounds like an unreal recruiting resource. Just like the upset against #10 SLU , it puts Duquesne basketball on ESPN, it makes students want to come to the games, it makes the program better. 

Of course I am not saying its okay to be under .500 while winning that important game. But we cannot treat it like just another out of conference game. Out of all the games in the season, that one that needs to have the most heart from the players. That’s the game the students actually care about.

Roll Dukes Roll

5/16/2015 8:04 pm  #27

Seven in a row to Bobby Mo is inexcusable.

5/17/2015 9:05 am  #28

ElDuque wrote:

Seven in a row to Bobby Mo is inexcusable.

It hasn't been that many.  Two under Ron, and three under Ferry equals five, although it feels like we've never beaten them.

5/17/2015 11:44 am  #29

CLK,   I'm glad you moved to optimism.    Per your own defined steps the next step will be excitement after someone hears of someone who read a post on some message board that DU summer league players are killing it on the court.   

LOL.  We are moving on.

Last edited by duqkurt (5/17/2015 11:44 am)

5/17/2015 12:45 pm  #30

Maybe you should go and see the Dukes players for yourself in the summer league so you can truly verify how awful you believe they are going to be.  Nothing like seeing it for yourself.  That will add credence to your posts. And....if you are not local, you can always designate someone on this board to be your legate.  The games start June 22, 2015 at Montour High and start at 7 and 8:15 respectively on Mon and Wed.  

5/17/2015 2:32 pm  #31

duqkurt wrote:

CLK, I'm glad you moved to optimism. Per your own defined steps the next step will be excitement after someone hears of someone who read a post on some message board that DU summer league players are killing it on the court.

LOL. We are moving on.

Not many Dukes have ever "killed it" in the summer league. Really, only AJax, TJ, Soko, Stevens, and Castro. Of the four in that group that we got to see in a Dukes uniform, only Stevens didn't live up to his level of play in the summer. Thus, I'll be happy to hear that a Duke is "killing it", in the summer league. One thing is for sure, those who did nothing in the summer league have always lived down to the expectations generated by their lackluster play.

5/17/2015 2:55 pm  #32

grammudder wrote:

Maybe you should go and see the Dukes players for yourself in the summer league so you can truly verify how awful you believe they are going to be.  Nothing like seeing it for yourself.  That will add credence to your posts. And....if you are not local, you can always designate someone on this board to be your legate.  The games start June 22, 2015 at Montour High and start at 7 and 8:15 respectively on Mon and Wed.  

I was joking based on CLK post earlier this year.   Where did I say they were going to be awful?   Don't put words in my mouth.   

I don't have the time or the desire to go to a summer league game.   And I challenge you to find where I have ever commented on the results of a summer league game.

5/17/2015 3:25 pm  #33

Oops!!  My bad!  I missed the humor of CLK's post earlier this year and your comment on his humor.  Sorry.  I don't have the time or desire to see what you may or or may have not posted in your 800 plus posts re summer league hoops. It's a good experience to see the summer games.  Last summer I posted that the point guard who was going to Robert Morris might have been the recruiting steal of the  year locally.  Tunred out he was.  That is the kind of thing I learn at summer games.  I posted that Tysean Powell was similar to "Domo" McKoy with his game--nothing more than 5-8' shots to the hoop and could leap over tall buildings.  Turned out I was right. His stats were almost identical to "Domo's" freshman stats at URI.  I also learned that my assessment of Jordan Robinson was premature if not totally wrong.  I could go on and on, but I don't want to bore the readers of this board.

5/17/2015 4:02 pm  #34

grammudder wrote:

Sorry Grams, it's Pittsburgh summer league. It's not Jersey Shore, LA, or anyplace where excelling is definitive proof that you've got something. No offense. I judge em only based on when they're all wearing the red and blue.

5/17/2015 5:27 pm  #35

duqkurt wrote:

grammudder wrote:

I was joking based on CLK post earlier this year. Where did I say they were going to be awful? Don't put words in my mouth.

I don't have the time or the desire to go to a summer league game. And I challenge you to find where I have ever commented on the results of a summer league game.

Kurt, don't worry.  Your post was clearly addressed to me (for my response), and I get the humor.  Sorry you were subject to the vitriolic response.

Last edited by CLK (5/17/2015 6:00 pm)

5/17/2015 6:01 pm  #36

DCLK - no worries.   Glad you understood.

Mudder- whatever.   You take shots at me here and at the other board.   You ALWAYS come at me first.  Not the other way around.  I've over listening to your crap.  I guess you are not the type of person ever to be wrong as witnessed by your "apology."

Last edited by duqkurt (5/17/2015 6:09 pm)

Board footera