Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2015 8:33 pm  #1

Season tickets

Looks like the price of season tickets just about doubled. We must of had a hell of a season last year or the City Game ticket costs about $120.

7/09/2015 9:41 pm  #2

Re: Season tickets

Hey, when you keep winning like Ferry has the last three years the price of tickets is bound to go up!

7/09/2015 9:47 pm  #3

Mine only went up $54.00.  How did yours double?

7/09/2015 9:54 pm  #4

I got my season tickets today and noticed they went up but I never bothered to figure out how much since it is a waste of time.  The fact that they went up at all for coach that hasn't had a winning season in 3  years, a University without an athletic director, and then renewing the contract of that losing coach, what else would I expect  ?
Oh, let's add that the President who is leaving is the one who renewed the contract for the coach with the losing record.  The Old Three Stooges movies had nothing over Athletics at Duquesne University.
Wait, I am sorry...I forgot we now have a bowling team.  Maybe the rise in the fee is to pay for their Balls.

7/09/2015 10:00 pm  #5

FAM:  Don't buy them--that will be your protest. That is the logical thing to do.  Hurt the School in the pocketbook. And.... by all means, tell all your friends.  That is what I'd do if I were you. 

7/10/2015 4:40 am  #6

My tickets went up $135 each. Maybe it's a mistake. I'll have to give them a call.

7/10/2015 8:37 am  #7

You must be in the front row, with Bob Uecker!

7/11/2015 4:21 pm  #8

I am with Bob in the very top row.  Not much company up there so you can get a good stretch going.

7/11/2015 5:59 pm  #9

Mine are also up $54, however last year the Pitt game was not included and this year it is.  I know I paid more than $27 per ticket for seats in the club level at Consol for the Pitt game last year so factoring that in I will be paying less per game this year than last.

7/12/2015 12:44 pm  #10

Last year mine were $150 --  I was in B-4 --  This year mine is $300 (which includes the $10.00 "handling fee")--  I don't think I'll renew -  last year they provided 2 free bees to see the Ladies against Princeton and 2 for the Syracuse game -  Perhaps this year there will be free bees to 4 ladies games??  As for the game at the Consol - watching Pitt put those beatdowns on us never interested me much -  If I thought we would be competetive would go>>>> The flyer also mentioned the Beef and Beer thing over the summer -  the Red & Blue Scrimmage - but those were included last year (just not mentioned in the preseason brochure)  I would hope if ANYONE is interested in the Red Blue Scrimmage to find out when it is etc. (which was DU's version of Midnight Madness) -  I would hope they would be admitted free (and permitted to some of the free hoagies/cookies etc)  I doubt if there were 100 people total last year -

So people mentioning a $54 increase may be getting a break -  perhaps because they are in Section A (or maybe I got the break LAST year)

Of course there was the August 31 deadline -  so I guess if I don't rush off to renew -- I could have to pay more -- or God forbid my seat won't be available  I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who want my seat!!  (Last year I counted the people at the Howard game in sections B1-4 -  THERE WERE 10!!  Honest to God - not 9 not 11-- 10!!!! (maybe I should have included the 4 ushers as well!!)

7/12/2015 4:13 pm  #11

Mine went up 54. N I am in the front row.  Wasn't there parking options in previous years?  Not sure if I am going to renew and probably wouldn't if I had poor seats.  Since I have good ones I hate to lose them.

7/27/2015 12:51 pm  #12

Talked to ticket office today. They told me I had been getting a special price the last couple of years which I wasn't aware of. I just thought that was the going price for sitting in the back row. They also mentioned all the additions including the Pitt tickets. I told them they can take me off the books. Two more regular cuctomers abandoning ship.

Board footera