Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2015 5:11 pm  #2

Re: 2015 SUMMER SITDOWN SERIES: DUQUESNE HEAD COACH JIM FERRY

Year 4, time to start winning.  No excuses. 

7/09/2015 5:23 pm  #3

He seems optimistic. It's all talk, but I'd much rather hear him be optimistic than to hear him crying, and bemoaning a bunch of shortcomings. I kind of figured they stuck with the zone because the man to man was such a total disaster. The zone wasn't much better, but it did prevent the team from being in constant foul trouble.

7/09/2015 8:06 pm  #4

Gill was a 5 in high school and we're trying to turn him into Reggie Miller. This is why I question where the program is going. Have to love how Castro, who was recruited by big time programs, is equal to Colter, who was recruited by LIU, in Ferry's mind. I got a bad feeling about all this.

7/09/2015 10:11 pm  #5

ElDuque wrote:

Gill was a 5 in high school and we're trying to turn him into Reggie Miller. This is why I question where the program is going. Have to love how Castro, who was recruited by big time programs, is equal to Colter, who was recruited by LIU, in Ferry's mind. I got a bad feeling about all this.

Gill was never a 5 in high school. That is completely not true. He has always played at the 3 where he can actually put up points like Reggie Miller.

7/10/2015 7:53 am  #6

EMH, that was a quote from Ferry in the article: "Remember Gill was a five-man in high school, and we've now had two years of working with him to expand his game and he's really making great strides.".

That did not seem right to me either.  I think he meant to say Powell.

7/10/2015 7:59 am  #7

The thing I found most interesting was the lowered expectation for Jackson.  This kid was suppose to be a 3 or 4 star recruit out of high school. 

7/10/2015 8:10 am  #8

CLK wrote:

The thing I found most interesting was the lowered expectation for Jackson.  This kid was suppose to be a 3 or 4 star recruit out of high school. 

I noticed that too. I guess it might mean that he wasn't blowing smoke about the other players he mentioned.

7/10/2015 8:41 am  #9

EMH wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Gill was never a 5 in high school. That is completely not true. He has always played at the 3 where he can actually put up points like Reggie Miller.

As CLK already pointed out, I was quoting Ferry. Gill's much better, and much more valuable, inside the paint with that big body of his. The sight of him doing the catch and launch thing when we don't have anybody big who can rebound seems silly to me.

7/10/2015 8:43 am  #10

CLK wrote:

EMH, that was a quote from Ferry in the article: "Remember Gill was a five-man in high school, and we've now had two years of working with him to expand his game and he's really making great strides.".

That did not seem right to me either.  I think he meant to say Powell.

Powell's what? 6-5? He's kind of a limited player so far. Looks great when he can turn a good pass into a dunk, but I don't see any rebounding or defense. I hope he can develop.

7/12/2015 10:23 pm  #11

So who is going to teach Ferry how to teach defense?

Board footera