Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2015 2:29 am  #1

One of Duquesne's prized recruits to QB PA's big 33 team against MD

6' 4," 200 lbs. Brett Brumbaugh, will share the QB position for the PA Big 33 team when it plays Maryland on Saturday at 7 pm at Hershey Park Stadium.  The game will be televised by WPNT.  

The P-G article reports that Brumbaugh will likely be redshirted for his freshman year on the Bluff.  Duquesne's landing a QB of Brumbaugh's talent level is truly a testament of Recruiting Coordinator John Rosato's hard work.

Besides Brumbaugh the NEC recruits are fairly well represented in this game:  
PA:  St. Francis, QB Andrew Koester, and  OL-C Michael Ames; and Sacred Heart, RB Jordan Meachum.    
MD: Cenn. Conn. St., DL Rashad Manning; Robert Morris, DL Amir Fenwick; and Bryant, OL Alex Plotkin.

Brett, have a great and injury-free game tonight. Lead the PA team onto victory!

post-gazette.com/sports/highschool/2015/06/19/South-West-Xtra-South-Fayette-s-Brumbaugh-looking-forward-to-Big-33-game/stories/201506190025

post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-football/2015/06/19/Big-33-Classic-s-rules-favor-passing-quarterbacks/stories/201506190141

Last edited by godukes1970 (6/20/2015 1:21 pm)

6/26/2015 10:36 am  #2

Re: One of Duquesne's prized recruits to QB PA's big 33 team against MD

7/20/2015 7:54 pm  #3

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

7/21/2015 10:20 am  #4

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20150720/NEWS01/150729929

Dumbass. Sorry. You just got a gift four year scholarship to college and a chance to play football for four years. A little something should be expected.

7/21/2015 12:06 pm  #5

Rather than call this 18-year old names and make judgements as to what criminal acts supposedly ocurred, I choose to wait until the matter works its way through the local judicial process.   

7/21/2015 1:15 pm  #6

godukes1970 wrote:

Rather than call this 18-year old names and make judgements as to what criminal acts supposedly ocurred, I choose to wait until the matter works its way through the local judicial process.   

I remember being 18. I grew up in a broken family in a bad (and I mean BAD) neighborhood. So poor that I had two changes of clothing when I arrived at Duquesne. Never made headlines for doing stupid things. And while no one's perfect, and certainly me at the bottom of that pile, this is as stupid as what Jones and Mason did last summer.

Listen, one of the reasons society as a whole is breaking down is because people forget there is a right and wrong. If you want to moralize, then head in that direction.

7/21/2015 5:47 pm  #7

ElDuque wrote:

godukes1970 wrote:

I remember being 18. I grew up in a broken family in a bad (and I mean BAD) neighborhood. So poor that I had two changes of clothing when I arrived at Duquesne. Never made headlines for doing stupid things. And while no one's perfect, and certainly me at the bottom of that pile, this is as stupid as what Jones and Mason did last summer.

Listen, one of the reasons society as a whole is breaking down is because people forget there is a right and wrong. If you want to moralize, then head in that direction.

No need to lecture me on the morallity of society!  While it may be upsetting to hear of a gifted athlete and very good student being arrested for any cause, I hardly think the mischief that Brumbaugh may have been involved in is cause to lump him in with the ills of society.  From what I have heard about Brett, he has the good nature and behavior of a boy scout.   

7/21/2015 9:57 pm  #8

I said he did a stupid thing. I think it's a valid criticism.

Board footera