Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2015 3:31 pm  #1

Reception at Red Ring July 28

I'm sure many are aware of this, but for those who cannot attend, let me know if there are there any legitimate questions that you would like to ask the coach.  Perhaps one of the attendees could pass along your question.  You can send a private message if you prefer.

Last edited by levon1975 (7/23/2015 6:19 pm)

7/27/2015 6:55 am  #2

Re: Reception at Red Ring July 28

Levon, thanks for the offer.

1) I would be curious to hear if all players, including freshman and transfer, are making the Ireland trip and are eligible to participate in games. (If I recall, in previous Canada trips, not all players went due to visa issues or eligibility).
2) How is Big John Rhodes doing?  Is he well enough along on his recovery to make the Iteland trip?
3) Which player has jumped out and impressed in the practices leading up to the trip?

7/27/2015 1:16 pm  #3

I'll try to get some answers for you.

7/27/2015 5:56 pm  #4

I have a question regarding the women's team. 

Any chance of having all or at least A10 road games on a webcast?  Only home games are covered and this team deserves more. 

Thanks.

7/28/2015 7:28 am  #5

Today's Post-Gazette has a answer on one guy not going Nakye Sanders had surgery and is out. I also believe transfers can not go.

Last edited by The Dome (7/28/2015 7:29 am)

7/28/2015 8:07 am  #6

A new transfer that hasn't enrolled in classes or a Freshman that hasn't would not be allowed to travel, as far as I know.  Since our two transfers have been in classes for a year, they should be OK to go. 
Really bad news about Sanders having knee surgery.  How does an 18 year old get bone chips in his knee?  It has the sound of  potentially chronic problem.  These things usually turn out badly for Duquesne.  I hope it's just a one time occurrence from a single incident; and not some issue with bone erosion in the knee.

7/28/2015 8:59 am  #7

7/28/2015 12:42 pm  #8

duqkurt wrote:

Any chance of having all or at least A10 road games on a webcast? Only home games are covered and this team deserves more.

Thanks.

At one the few women's summer pro-am league games that I attended this summer, I got to speak with Coach Dan Burt.  He told me that like last season the women's team and coaches will host a separate special gathering of the women's season ticket holders and supporters.  I would very much doubt that Coach Dan will be attending tonight's get-together at the Red Ring.

Regarding the webcast of the Dukes' women's team's A-10 away games, I recall that last season those games were available through the A-10 website usually for free.  To see any the Dukes' women's non-conference away games you would have to go to the away team's athletic website and cllick on a button usually labeled "media" or "all access."  Occasionaly the video streaming is free, but most of the time there may be a small charge to view a single event.  

Last edited by godukes1970 (7/28/2015 3:01 pm)

7/29/2015 3:15 pm  #9

No  questions and answer session after Jim Ferry's comments and player introductions; but Coach did comment that John Rhodes was doing very well.  The tumor is gone, and the leg is healing from the accident.  He is coming into work and attending practices.  He was s little tired last evening so he didn't attend the reception. 
It was a nice event with all players attending and looking good in nice white Duquesne polo shirts.  All players were able to attend due to the Ireland trip.  A nice turnout of fans and spirits seemed high with expectations of a good season.  The players looked trim and fit, like they've been working hard in the off-season training program.  Coach said defense is a priority.

7/29/2015 6:16 pm  #10

godukes1970 wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

Any chance of having all or at least A10 road games on a webcast? Only home games are covered and this team deserves more.

Thanks.

At one the few women's summer pro-am league games that I attended this summer, I got to speak with Coach Dan Burt.  He told me that like last season the women's team and coaches will host a separate special gathering of the women's season ticket holders and supporters.  I would very much doubt that Coach Dan will be attending tonight's get-together at the Red Ring.

Regarding the webcast of the Dukes' women's team's A-10 away games, I recall that last season those games were available through the A-10 website usually for free.  To see any the Dukes' women's non-conference away games you would have to go to the away team's athletic website and cllick on a button usually labeled "media" or "all access."  Occasionaly the video streaming is free, but most of the time there may be a small charge to view a single event.  

Thanks.  I guess I used the wrong term.  I'm meant an internet broadcast with Alex and Tad doing play by play.   Pitt has all women's games on the radio.  RMU has an Internet broadcast of all women's games.

DU only has announcers at home regular season games.   They deserve coverage of all their games

Last edited by duqkurt (7/29/2015 6:16 pm)

7/29/2015 6:38 pm  #11

I can recall that Alex and Tad did a few away games in the past few years - usually the local one's such as those against Robert Morris, Pitt, and WVU.  Last season they also broadcast the Dukes' games in the A-10 tournament from Richmond, VA,  and the WNIT away games at Youngstown State and WVU.  

I agree with you that the Dukes  deserve the same amont of media attention as Pitt's women's basketball team, but apparently there are not enough advertising sponsors willing to pay for the additional costs of out-of-town travel and other expenses to do the broadcast of the Dukes' away games. 

Board footera