Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2015 2:03 pm  #1

ESPN survey: Coaches - differing COA payments will impact recruiting

8/31/2015 2:54 pm  #2

Re: ESPN survey: Coaches - differing COA payments will impact recruiting

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a friend of mine who played football at Duquesne in the 40s before he was drafted into the army.  He came back from overseas and finished his education at Kent State where he was a running back on the football team.  Being as he was a Mon Valley boy I asked him why he finished his schooling at Kent State rather than nearby Duquesne.  He said Kent offered him more money.

8/31/2015 3:18 pm  #3

Re: ESPN survey: Coaches - differing COA payments will impact recruiting

VBC wrote:

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a friend of mine who played football at Duquesne in the 40s before he was drafted into the army.  He came back from overseas and finished his education at Kent State where he was a running back on the football team.  Being as he was a Mon Valley boy I asked him why he finished his schooling at Kent State rather than nearby Duquesne.  He said Kent offered him more money.

How about the Pitt football player who was asked about the biggest difference between college and the NFL, who replied, the paycut.

Board footera