Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2015 4:53 pm  #1

COBL A-10 Preview

Hey guys, longtime reader and decided to start posting. Here is another A-10 preview from the City of Basketball Love, a popular blog in Philly focusing on high school and local college basketball. They picked the Dukes to finish 8th this year, which I think we all would be happy with. Since this is my first post, I can't include the link but if you visit their site, it is the first story.

10/22/2015 7:05 pm  #2

Re: COBL A-10 Preview

Welcome to the board.

10/22/2015 8:54 pm  #3

I'm sure that those who took the last preview as gospel will ignore this.

10/22/2015 9:34 pm  #4

Here is the link:  http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/news_article/show/567043?referrer_id=1566508

Interesting dual analysis of all A-10 teams by this service.  They interviewed assistant coaches throughout the league during A-10 Media Day whom they did not identify.  Those guys analyzed and picked the Dukes to be # 5!!!  The other analysis by the blog writer has the Dukes at # 8.

10/23/2015 6:52 am  #5

duq81 wrote:

I ignore all of the previews, actually. I go by results. Starting with "W-L." Wake me up when the number on the left is significant enough to earn an NCAA Tournament bid.

10/23/2015 7:50 am  #6

ElDuque wrote:

duq81 wrote:

I ignore all of the previews, actually. I go by results. Starting with "W-L." Wake me up when the number on the left is significant enough to earn an NCAA Tournament bid.

I agree with this, just win!  I think the Phoenix hit the nail on the head. The Dukes have the talent to win 20 games.  The question will be the coaching.  There is a lot riding on this season, and Ferry & staff need to step up and prove themselves.

10/23/2015 8:46 am  #7

Here is the write-up from the thoughts of assistant coaches around the league:

Duquesne
“With Micah (Mason) and (Derrick) Colter, they’re scary. They could get hot and we’ll see if they continue to play that 2-3 zone, I think they will. ...Could be the surprise team in the Atlantic 10, I think Coulter, Mason and then the kid Rene Castro sitting out, could be a really good backcourt and their big guys are leaders, experienced. …They’ve done a good job working the transfer wire, they should have good guards, we’ll see if they end up playing man-to-man defense or if they stay playing 2-3 zone like they did all last year. …They’re going to surprise people, they’ll finish in the top five of the league. They were close last year in so many games, their guard play is going to be even deeper. If they get anything up front in terms of protecting the rim and get a better defensive identity, they’re a top-five team in the league.”

10/23/2015 2:41 pm  #8

I think that would satisfy a lot of people and keep the wolves from the door for a while.  Top five in the league means a winning record in A-10 play and I'll take that.

10/23/2015 9:01 pm  #9

levon1975 wrote:

I think that would satisfy a lot of people and keep the wolves from the door for a while.  Top five in the league means a winning record in A-10 play and I'll take that.

Top five in the league usually puts you on the bubble. We haven't been on the bubble since 1972.

Board footera