Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2015 8:26 am  #1

Video of Norm Nixon and Jim Ferry from Oct. 21 Celebration of a Centur

I am interested in the thoughts of anyone who went.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102215aac.html

10/26/2015 1:22 pm  #2

Re: Video of Norm Nixon and Jim Ferry from Oct. 21 Celebration of a Centur

As usualy a great job by Norman giving props to many of the greats in Dukes history.  I would have liked to have been at the event.  Great to hear the mention of the VBC(Van Braam Cafe), official drinking spot of Duquesne basketball through the 1970's.  Nixon was one of only 3-4 guys who touched the ceiling in the VBC.  Nice to hear Norman mention Bill Piekarski, "Roe" Darnell Roebuck, Mike Barr, and so many others. 

I would have liked to have heard something from or about "The Train" Lionel Billingy who was an outstanding big man for the Dukes in the 70's.  I know he played a full career in Europe and may still live there, but a guy who is often forgotten in discussions about Duquesne greats.  He battled the likes of Marvin Barnes, Tom McMillan, and George Gervin as the Dukes only big man at the time.  He played on some very good teams and was a lot of fun to watch.   Also wonder what ever became of Reuben Montanez, who was such an important part of those late sixties and early seventies teams.

10/26/2015 2:59 pm  #3

Re: Video of Norm Nixon and Jim Ferry from Oct. 21 Celebration of a Centur

Listening to Nixon's roll call only a few players from 1990's and 2000's most prior to 1990.

Board footera