Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2015 7:14 am  #1

McConnell scores 23 on 7-12 from 3-range

RMU beat St. Vincent 77-57;

Here is the link to the box score:  http://rmucolonials.com/boxscore.aspx?path=mbball&id=4899

They only out-rebounded St. Vincent by 1.  This is a game we need to win.

Last edited by WEB (11/04/2015 7:14 am)

11/04/2015 7:46 am  #2

Re: McConnell scores 23 on 7-12 from 3-range

Amen to that, WEB. You have to reestablish your presence in the city first. Beat Bobby Mo, and either upset Pitt or at least take them to the wire and walk away thinking you should've won.

Getting jacked by Bobby Mo and smoked by the Oakland team and it'll be another cold winter on the Bluff.

Clever headline, BTW. Points for that.

11/04/2015 11:30 am  #3

If McConnell makes 7 treys on us, I will slit my wrists.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

11/04/2015 11:42 am  #4

Note that SVC is a D-3 program (no athletic scholarships provided) so Matty's initial fine showing in a Bobby Mo uniform must be judged on the quality of the opponent.  

11/04/2015 1:40 pm  #5

People similarly discounted TJ when he came here. Watch the matchup of McConnell and Mason and see who gets the best of it. Could be a deciding factor.

11/04/2015 1:58 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

People similarly discounted TJ when he came here. Watch the matchup of McConnell and Mason and see who gets the best of it. Could be a deciding factor.

I think that Matty is a very good player and may end up as one of Bobby Mo's top three scorers for the season.  I agree that the Mason-McConnell 3-pt. shootout may be a secondary attraction of the Dukes' game with RM.  However, I still would like to see how effective Matty is against other D-1 schools.  

By the way, unlike a few of those who are regular contributors to the Dukes' basketball forums, I have no animosity against the McConnells. 

Last edited by godukes1970 (11/04/2015 2:27 pm)

11/04/2015 5:26 pm  #7

The last two great brothers who were great D-1 players and also NBA players, Mickey and Brad Davis of Monaco, Pa. Once did business with their sister, she had some good stories to tell.

I also don't want to goof on the MCConnell family, they are basketball winners and it is always great for the Pittsburgh Area to produce winners.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/04/2015 5:53 pm  #8

So godukes1970, what you're suggesting is that Duquesne isn't a D1 team.

11/04/2015 6:50 pm  #9

ElDuque wrote:

So godukes1970, what you're suggesting is that Duquesne isn't a D1 team.

I never suggested that Duquesne was not a D-1 team.  Your comment is ludicrous on its face.  

Robert Morris' first game was against a D-3 team which does not provide a fair evaluation of how well their team and in particular Matty McConnell will do throughout the season.  Robert Morris will play seven D-1 teams before playing the Dukes on December 19th at the Palumbo.  Those games will provide a much better gauge of how good Robert Morris and Matty will be when facing the Dukes.  

Just so that you'll understand my comment I'll modify it slightly:  "However, I still would like to see how effective Matty is against other D-1 schools that Bobby Mo will play before playing the D-1 Dukes."   Capesh?

11/04/2015 9:29 pm  #10

Don't get your delicates in a knot, I was just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Gets a little tiresome when folks twist and turn everything you say. Now you've had a taste of it yourself.

I believe the word "touche" is in order.

(grin)

Board footera