Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2015 9:33 am  #1

Lafayette

Very impressed by this team. Coach Burt and his staff do a great job of coaching, the players play hard, and there is a lot of young talent. The Lafayette bigs were tossing elbows and committing habbeus grabbus all night, as Tunch Ilkin would say, but not once did I see a player in blue gripe about a call. April Robinson is very talented. The freshman point guard, all 5-foot-nothing of her, is going to be a star.

11/21/2015 11:58 am  #2

Re: Lafayette

What's up with workman?

11/22/2015 12:32 pm  #3

Undefined ankle or foot injury.  Out indefinitely. She travelled to Layfayette.

They are taking after the NFL and NHL and not disclosing the nature of the injury.

I agree with ED.  Chassidy O is going to be a star.

Last edited by duqkurt (11/22/2015 12:32 pm)

11/22/2015 5:53 pm  #4

April Robinson carries that team on her shoulders right now. She plays with a lot of poise. Impressed by Burt ... Lets his assistants call the offense and defense and he coaches the kids individually the whole time.

11/22/2015 6:13 pm  #5

ElDuque wrote:

April Robinson carries that team on her shoulders right now. She plays with a lot of poise. Impressed by Burt ... Lets his assistants call the offense and defense and he coaches the kids individually the whole time.

Yes he says all the time that it is April's team.  Burt is impressive.  Now that you pointed that out I will have to take note of that next game.

11/22/2015 10:36 pm  #6

duqkurt wrote:

Undefined ankle or foot injury. Out indefinitely. She travelled to Layfayette.

They are taking after the NFL and NHL and not disclosing the nature of the injury.

I agree with ED. Chassidy O is going to be a star.

Assistant Duquesne women's basketball coach and star wide receiver of the world champion Pittsburgh Passion, Rachel Wojdowski, sat near me for the Dukes' victorious football game on Saturday.  I asked her about Deva'Nyar Workman's progress in getting ready for rejoining the Dukes on the court.  Rachel said that Workman would sit out the home game on Tuesday against Howard but would be available to play in the game against North Carolina A&T.  

Sagarin ranks the Dukes (2-1) at #96 and Howard (0-3) at #341.  Sagarin's predictor score favors the Dukes by 27 points.  I note that of the Dukes' first 8 games this season only one game will be played at the Palumbo.  They are truly the road warriors of women's basketball.

11/23/2015 7:38 am  #7

There's so much youth on this team, I hope the expectations are not too high ... this year. There's clearly a wealth of talent. The other player who really impressed me was Szamosi (I hope I spelled her name right, I think the PA guy was butchering it Friday because it came out differently every time). Very fluid with the ball. She was matched up with some beefier girls and when she put the ball on the ground they couldn't keep up with her. April Robinson sank I think 6 FTs in crunch time. I won't even try the little PG's name. Old heads like mine can't keep track of more than a couple syllables. No one names their kid Smith or Jones anymore!

11/23/2015 5:04 pm  #8

Burt's teams have exceeded expectations in both of his seasons.    I think this team will as well.  But I will understand if the youth bites them.

Board footera