Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2015 5:38 pm  #1

Dukes @ William & Mary

Dukes were up 14-0.  They scored on the first offensive play of the game with a Buechel 71 yd pass to Chris King.  Unfortunately W & M came back to go ahead 28-14 in the 2nd Q.  With less than a minute to go in the half the Dukes scored its 3rd TD on a pass.  The Tribe was tamed on its next offensive possession by throwing an interception.  The Dukes advanced the ball to inside the 35 and ended up kicking a 39 yd field goal to bring the score to 28-24.  

GO DUKES!

Last edited by godukes1970 (11/28/2015 5:57 pm)

11/28/2015 6:51 pm  #2

Re: Dukes @ William & Mary

This game is nuts.  Defense is clearly not the priority.  

Last edited by Simms (11/28/2015 6:51 pm)

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/28/2015 7:21 pm  #3

Dukes go down fighting to the bitter end, 52-49!  What a game!  Sagarin had the Dukes a 20 point underdog.  The Tribe got all they could handle.  Great job, Dukes!  You made your fans proud!  

11/28/2015 8:21 pm  #4

godukes1970 wrote:

Dukes go down fighting to the bitter end, 52-49!  What a game!  Sagarin had the Dukes a 20 point underdog.  The Tribe got all they could handle.  Great job, Dukes!  You made your fans proud!  

It was a great game.  I hope they retire the referees who obviously escaped from the rest home to call the game.  I have never seen an older, out of shape, out of position crew in all my life

11/28/2015 8:28 pm  #5

duqkurt wrote:

godukes1970 wrote:

It was a great game. I hope they retire the referees who obviously escaped from the rest home to call the game. I have never seen an older, out of shape, out of position crew in all my life

I can't recall ever hearing such an irritating Southern accent as I did from the lead official.  My guess is that the Tribe, both coaches and players, didn't expect the Dukes to be in this game to the end.  Too bad the Dukes didn't recovery the on-side kick late in the 4th Q.  Remember W & M has 63 athletic scholarships vs around 40 for the Dukes and a much bigger football budget that the Dukes.  Still the Dukes hung in there.

11/28/2015 8:37 pm  #6

Darn shame that blocked FG for a TD was the difference in what was otherwise a classic football game.  I honestly think Duquesne was the better football team today but a few bounces went the wrong way.  

11/29/2015 5:45 am  #7

Welcome to playoff football, Duquesne! One helluva performance by the Dukes. If Buechel played like that all year I don't know how you lost those three games. He was sensational! Best QB we faced all year with a stellar receiving corps and a great game plan from your coaches.
You were done in by one of our favorite plays. Claytor's fifth block, and Houston-Carson's third scoop-and-score. One was disallowed for blocking penalty way behind the play. Dukes' fans were loud, and represented well. I'm now a fan!​

11/29/2015 10:55 am  #8

Tribe4SF wrote:

Welcome to playoff football, Duquesne! One helluva performance by the Dukes. If Buechel played like that all year I don't know how you lost those three games. He was sensational! Best QB we faced all year with a stellar receiving corps and a great game plan from your coaches.
You were done in by one of our favorite plays. Claytor's fifth block, and Houston-Carson's third scoop-and-score. One was disallowed for blocking penalty way behind the play. Dukes' fans were loud, and represented well. I'm now a fan!​

Thanks.   They lost three games.   Dayton who made the FCS tournamanent and that was just a bad loss.  Albany in the CAA that we shot ourselves in the foot all game. 

And a loss to Bryant.   I think the NEC is under rated.  And I hope the NEC can start beating CAA teams and may get higher seedlings.

12/20/2015 9:18 am  #9

Tribe4SF wrote:

Thanks!  Great sign that the Dukes belong without the old Mud Major asterisk.

Hell of a game!

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

Board footera