Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2015 3:53 pm  #1

Dukes at Buffalo

Dukes impressive victory against top 50 RPI Buffalo team.  Down 4 at half. Outscored Buffalo 29-10 in third to run away with game. 

Road trip over.  Won 6 of 7 on road to start the season.

12/06/2015 6:44 pm  #2

Re: Dukes at Buffalo

Very, very impressive road trip.  Great way to finish it up.  What a great job Dan Burt is doing!  Go Dukes!

12/06/2015 7:27 pm  #3

Per the DU website.  That was Coach Burts 50th career win at DU.

He is 50-25 thus far at Duquesne.  He took over a program which could have easily struggled with the departure of the former coach. 

Yet he has made them better.

12/06/2015 10:04 pm  #4

I don't want to put down SMS because she did a great job of getting the women's program headed in the right direction, but I think coach Burt is possibly a better coach and recruiter from what I've seen so far. Great job ladies

12/06/2015 10:53 pm  #5

It was actually Burt who recruited most of the better players who played for SMS when she was at Duquesne.

12/07/2015 8:58 am  #6

Two differences in coaching style stick out like sore thumbs.  Burt is an old school coach with a fundamental inside-out approach as a coach. He wants the ball pounded inside.  Witness yesterday's game when he had the Samoszi and Lass kids dominate the scoring.  Suzie is just the opposite preferring to accentuate the guards as scorers. Plus Dan lets his coaches coach, sorta like in the NFL where offensive and defensive coordinators control what happens on each play while Dan monitors everything.  Huge, huge difference in styles and approach. And in the huddle Dan is less a screamer and more a teacher.   Huge, huge difference in styles and approach.

12/07/2015 12:51 pm  #7

I was able to watch online yesterday and came away very impressed.  This team really seems to enjoy playing together and functions as a team so well.  Amazing to see that with seven new players.  Even with April in foul trouble the team didn't skip a beat. Great work by the coaches and players to take on a challenging early road schedule and get off to such a start.  Keep up the hard work, stay unselfish, and just get better along the way, and good things will happen.

12/07/2015 7:07 pm  #8

BOY did they clamp down on Buffalo in the third quarter - I think at one point Buffalo was like 2-13 (and one of the field goals was a desperation heave as the shot clock was running out)  Also saw Central Michigan was 2-19 from three point range (and these were two pretty decent teams)

KEEP IT UP LADIES -  Offense sells tickets - Defense wins Championships 

Board footera