Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2015 8:02 pm  #1

Another Win

Ladies pretty much had their way over UMES (although the Trib Review summary was the win over Buffalo - maybe the Pony Express still lives)

Just about EVERYONE on the team played well -- Hope they can keep it going against the Lady Bobcats over the weekend.

12/10/2015 9:47 pm  #2

Re: Another Win

They were miles ahead of the UMES.   I hope they go into the Pitt game with one loss and kick SMS's ass. Lol

One question, why are they playing Slippery Rock?   Was it a late cancellation?

12/11/2015 1:39 am  #3

Re: Another Win

duqkurt wrote:

They were miles ahead of the UMES. I hope they go into the Pitt game with one loss and kick SMS's ass. Lol

One question, why are they playing Slippery Rock? Was it a late cancellation?

Before the season started I talked with Coach Burt about scheduling, and he said it was very difficult to get a certain quality of team to want to play the Dukes at the Palumbo.  Some teams with historically good RPIs (say the top 30) might be willing to play the Dukes on the opponent's home court, but many are unwilling to take a risk of playing at the Palumbo because the Duquesne women's basketball program has improved enough that the good quality opponent recognizes that it just may end up losing to the Dukes.  

While Duquesne has had RPIs in the 40s for a year or two, that just might not be attractive enough for a number of top-30-RPI teams to play a home and home series with the Dukes.  I note that this year the Dukes have St. John's at home.  According to the NCAA RPI issued as of Dec. 10th, St. John's has an RPI of 35, and Sagarin on the same day ranked them at 47.  Fortunately the contract with St. John's calls for a home and home arrangement.  Time was drawing near to complete the Dukes schedule, and another D-1 opponent wasn't coming forth to agree to play the Dukes at the Palumbo.  As I see it, the scheduling of a D-2 opponent, Slippery Rock, was matter of expediency.  It's unlikely that next year's women's schedule will have any D-2 teams on it.  

Last edited by godukes1970 (12/11/2015 3:22 pm)

Board footera