Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2015 6:30 pm  #26

Re: St Francis in Altoona

godukes1970 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Econ69 wrote:

FYI and more to the present not that the past is bad

Sagarin power ratings

DU  128
GT    61
SFU  286
RMU  313

SCS  316

Great opportunity to go into conference play confident and used to winning.

Thanks, Econ.  Here's the Pomeroy rankings/predictions as of today:
Dukes are #135.
Sat Dec 12  #267  St. Francis PA  W, 80-73 75% Neutral           
Wed Dec 16 #313  South Carolina St.  W, 85-69  91%  Home           
Sat Dec 19  #283  Robert Morris  W, 85-72  87%  Home           
Tue Dec 29  #74  Georgia Tech  L, 82-74  23%  Away           

According to Sagarin predictor scores the Dukes would be 8 and 1/2 pt. favorites over the Red Flash if you consider the War Memorial a true home court advantage.  St Francis very rarely plays at this place.  The Dukes would be a 12 pt. favorite if you consider the War Memorial a neutral court.  

Per a recent check of the Dukes' website, I saw that the free bus trip, ticket to the game, and lunch offer has been filled and is no longer available.  Let's hope the 50 or so who will be aboard that bus for the trip to Johnstown are some really noisy fans.

Great to hear. I will be one Of fifty but I can confidently say I'll be noisy. Didn't we lose this game last year?

12/10/2015 7:35 pm  #27

Duques102 wrote:

Attended every home game up until UMBC this season. Didn't feel like coming up from the Southside to watch another Mississippi valley state type blowout and watched it online at home. Couldn't be happier I did, because as soon as they mentioned the free bus trip opportunity I called in and sure enough secured two spots! I have never seen the war memorial and am pumped for the game! Hoping that all the free spots were taken and the rest of the bus is full. Also that the Dukes come away with what should be another positive result.

Anyone know of any good close bars because it sounds like we will arrive about an hour and fifteen minutes before tip???

There is a bar right across the street from the War Memorial, on the right side coming out of the building. The Orchard Tavern near Richland has great wings and beer. (8 minute drive GPS). The Old Toll Gate has wings and beer, cash only.

12/10/2015 7:59 pm  #28

Yes - St Franny THUMPED us at Palumbo - was so disgusted was the LAST game I attended last year in person.  REVENGE is a dish best served cold!!!

12/10/2015 8:22 pm  #29

SkepticAl wrote:

Yes - St Franny THUMPED us at Palumbo - was so disgusted was the LAST game I attended last year in person.  REVENGE is a dish best served cold!!!

The Red Flash kicked the crap out of the Dukes last year by a score of 67-52.  That was Saint Francis' first win in Pittsburgh since 1966. This was a few days after Robert Morris handed the Dukes a 16 point loss. You can relive all of the gory details here:  http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/121714aaa.html

It seems to me in the "rivalry" games vs. Pitt, WVU, Robert Morris and Saint Francis, our opponent is quite ready to play with an intensity from the tip and Ferry's Dukes come out flat with little passion and a solid game plan (lone exception was WVU in 2012).  Ferry is now 2-9 in these games (0-4 vs. Pitt, 1-1 vs. WVU, 0-3 vs. RMU and 1-1 vs. SFU). These next two rivalry games are really big for the program.  Win and you're looking at 10 non-conference wins AND quieting down fans like me, reducing our disgust over the abysmal performances of the past.  Lose and I guarantee the heat is turned up on the coaching staff especially after the type of performance in the loss vs. Pitt and with a new AD and president in place,

12/10/2015 8:54 pm  #30

"Mike Ignelsi" as I recall had a bit of a tiff with the Marshall band at that one, and I am trying to remember if that was the game when we hid five 6'6" players in the hotel bathroom during bedcheck,waving towels to clear the air? 

12/10/2015 9:35 pm  #31

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

The Red Flash kicked the crap out of the Dukes last year by a score of 67-52.  That was Saint Francis' first win in Pittsburgh since 1966. This was a few days after Robert Morris handed the Dukes a 16 point loss. You can relive all of the gory details here:  http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/121714aaa.html

It seems to me in the "rivalry" games vs. Pitt, WVU, Robert Morris and Saint Francis, our opponent is quite ready to play with an intensity from the tip and Ferry's Dukes come out flat with little passion and a solid game plan (lone exception was WVU in 2012).  Ferry is now 2-9 in these games (0-4 vs. Pitt, 1-1 vs. WVU, 0-3 vs. RMU and 1-1 vs. SFU). These next two rivalry games are really big for the program.  Win and you're looking at 10 non-conference wins AND quieting down fans like me, reducing our disgust over the abysmal performances of the past.  Lose and I guarantee the heat is turned up on the coaching staff especially after the type of performance in the loss vs. Pitt and with a new AD and president in place,

Phoenix, you are right, we better be ready to play especially on defense.  The Frankies can shoot if left open

12/11/2015 11:01 am  #32

Not sure about that band.  I do remember a day against Maryland when one of our fellows launched solo against that orchestra.  It went mostly unnoticed until a melee broke out across the venue.  Some time after that our agent returned slightly worse for wear. But he did acquire a trophy from the  bout - a clarinet.

Board footera