Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2015 10:36 am  #26

Re: 8-2

Since the A10 has an unbalanced schedule, how do the computers compare ours relative to the rest of the league? 

Doubles against Dayton, Davidson and GW, in my mind the top 3 teams in the league seems somewhat cruel.

We didn't get any favors here but it does allow for a ton of shots at big wins.

12/14/2015 11:21 am  #27

I am very excited we have been taking care of business with our games. However I am not saying anything until we start playing some conference teams. I legit think we crumble based on who the other team is. We had no idea Milwaukee was going to be that good and we went out a beat them. I feel like as soon as we saw those Pitt Uniforms we played scared. Thats what I am worried about with this A 10 play. We have been playing like we can beat these teams, I am just worried that as soon as we play teams that have beat us in the past...we will get away from what we've been doing.

Hopefully not...

Roll Dukes Roll

12/14/2015 5:34 pm  #28

the dukes have a weak schedule but a winning record. i will take the winning record and still say I'm cautiously optimistic

still a lot of work to do. need to cut down on unforced turnovers, esp by the big guys. off still seems rushed at times, esp the first guy catching a pass and launching a 3 routine that they fall into. can get away with that against sisters of the poor, but not against top competition. defense much improved but still leaky at times. deeper bench and overall more talent. 

after bobby mo, the next four games are brutal-at ga tech(the dukes will always have a shot against a brian gregory coached team), dayton(which will practically be a home game for dayton), then at davidson, and at GW. i would take 1-3 in those 4 games, esp with stl and stb at home following. 
a10 schedule makers didn't do the dukes any favors again this year. at the same time, i don't think there will be an easy w anywhere in the a10 this year. 

12/15/2015 12:36 am  #29

currentstudent wrote:

I am very excited we have been taking care of business with our games. However I am not saying anything until we start playing some conference teams. I legit think we crumble based on who the other team is. We had no idea Milwaukee was going to be that good and we went out a beat them. I feel like as soon as we saw those Pitt Uniforms we played scared. Thats what I am worried about with this A 10 play. We have been playing like we can beat these teams, I am just worried that as soon as we play teams that have beat us in the past...we will get away from what we've been doing.

Hopefully not...

Not quite buying that.  See Penn State this year.  Plus, most of the players are holdovers who beat GW and Dayton last year and SLU on the road two years ago.  I wouldn't read too much into the Pitt game.

12/15/2015 6:26 am  #30

rogabee wrote:

currentstudent wrote:

Hopefully not...

Not quite buying that.  See Penn State this year.  Plus, most of the players are holdovers who beat GW and Dayton last year and SLU on the road two years ago.  I wouldn't read too much into the Pitt game.

Agreed. Pitt just came out strongly, and when the Dukes fell behind, they panicked, and started playing tight.

12/15/2015 6:56 am  #31

The key to determining how good we are is not the out of conference record, but our record in the league. We can control who we schedule OOC, and we certainly did not schedule murderer's row. It will be our league record that will determine if we get to a post-season tournament, which is the goal. A winning record for the year is not the goal. Yes we are doing much better pre-season than in prior years. No losses to the NJITs of this world. That is a good thing and shows progress. Let's hope the Dukes can compete well in the league. Then we will have something to celebrate.    

Board footera