Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2015 4:30 pm  #1

Ferry improves the season to 10-2

Lost JJ right after the game started. Ferry's recruiting allowed us to not miss a beat.  Great game by Eric James.  Bobby Mo literally did nothing but try to shut down our perimeter game. Still couldn't beat us.

RMU was on the verge of getting their doors blown off but credit to them. They stuck in there.

Still wasn't enough. Excited for James and Sanders. Showed me a ton.

12/19/2015 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Ferry improves the season to 10-2

1. Sanders was a beast today, except for that one horrible pass in the paint later in the game.

2. Lewis is still my definition of a "flow of the game" type of player.

3.  This is the 3rd time they got off to a horrible start shooting, and thank God it was against Robert Morris.  Most A-10 teams put this game away against the Dukes.

4.  Note to Powell:  You are not Kobe Bryant and this is not the NBA.  Stop the no look passes!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/19/2015 4:35 pm  #3

Tejas_Duke wrote:

1. Sanders was a beast today, except for that one horrible pass in the paint later in the game.

3.  This is the 3rd time they got off to a horrible start shooting, and thank God it was against Robert Morris.  Most A-10 teams put this game away against the Dukes.

4.  Note to Powell:  You are not Kobe Bryant and this is not the NBA.  Stop the no look passes!

Questionable coaching to have Powell in their as much as he did in the second half.  I'd have ridden sanders and lewis.

12/19/2015 4:41 pm  #4

It was deceivingly good. We beat lesser opponents all season, not able to defend the perimeter. RM did us a favor  and made us play inside to win. All  A-10 games are going to go this way, and the coaching staff had better get prepared, because if Ferry is the  "NEXT LEVEL" it's going to be from a dominate inside game. RM may be having a suck of a year so far, but if even a RM can shut down our perimeter 3's and make us play inside this close, it's going to be a long season, if Ferry doesn't  force the game inside (and early) in the A-10 games. Still, good game, smart win. 

12/19/2015 4:43 pm  #5

WEB wrote:

Lost JJ right after the game started. Ferry's recruiting allowed us to not miss a beat. Great game by Eric James. Bobby Mo literally did nothing but try to shut down our perimeter game. Still couldn't beat us.

RMU was on the verge of getting their doors blown off but credit to them. They stuck in there.

Still wasn't enough. Excited for James and Sanders. Showed me a ton.

Eric looked like a young Damian Saunders.

Last edited by NapaDuke (12/19/2015 5:50 pm)

12/19/2015 5:20 pm  #6

WEB wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Questionable coaching to have Powell in their as much as he did in the second half. I'd have ridden sanders and lewis.

Lewis had foul trouble. Besides, Powell has a much stronger offensive skill set than either of them. He was tripled every time he took it inside.That opens things up, but he does need to tone down his passing style for that to matter.

12/19/2015 5:44 pm  #7

applecorps wrote:

WEB wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Questionable coaching to have Powell in their as much as he did in the second half. I'd have ridden sanders and lewis.

Lewis had foul trouble. Besides, Powell has a much stronger offensive skill set than either of them. He was tripled every time he took it inside.That opens things up, but he does need to tone down his passing style for that to matter.

Still, Lewis has got to  concentrate on position, use his back to cut off the opponents early, let him in a game like this in foul trouble to discipline himself to play quality positioning, and not have to make it up with over-reaching for being a spectator. Lewis is a beast, if he gets into position early to box out. Not thinking, not doing. 

12/19/2015 6:29 pm  #8

This team at 10-2  will either develop inside and go 20 plus wins, or this is the next to the last win they post.  Go inside and feed the beast, or throw up bricks against real teams from the 3 range and it's just one more "same old-same-old"

12/19/2015 6:36 pm  #9

Just saw that we had 20 offensive boards, 20! Of course, a lot of those were 3rd attempts off of missed 2nd attempts....

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

12/19/2015 6:43 pm  #10

Duquesne, outrebounded RMU 59-33

Box Score   http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/12duqrmu.html

Didn't realize this was the first time the Dukes faced a 2-3 zone this year.

Last edited by CLK (12/19/2015 6:48 pm)

12/19/2015 7:18 pm  #11

Things to note Mason 39 minutes and Coilter 38 minutes.  Instead of playing Castro to sub for these guys Steele was given the minutes the relief 3 minutes.  Steele also sub for James at the end of the first half.  If Jones is out for an extended period,  Steele and Castro need to step up.  I still believe that playing Mason & Colter those kind of minutes is not sustainable.

12/20/2015 12:06 pm  #12

How about Sanders the stat stuffer. In 5 minutes he had 5pts. 4reb 3to 2pf and 1 steal. He seems to be around the action on every play.

Board footera