Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2015 10:26 am  #51

Re: Georgia Tech

Thoughts...James will be as good as or better as a replacement - no drop off.
IF DC would have been on, we probably would have won. 
However, I used to believe that James should have been playing instead of Gill, that he was better.  Now that this can't happen, I agree with you folks on Gill, and wonder if there is someone (Steele?) who should be playing more than him.  Don't know if anyone watched the Dayton came on TV last night but they are excellent - will be a tough game for us, especially inside.

Last edited by FAM (12/31/2015 10:26 am)

12/31/2015 1:06 pm  #52

FAM wrote:

Thoughts...James will be as good as or better as a replacement - no drop off.
IF DC would have been on, we probably would have won. 
However, I used to believe that James should have been playing instead of Gill, that he was better.  Now that this can't happen, I agree with you folks on Gill, and wonder if there is someone (Steele?) who should be playing more than him.  Don't know if anyone watched the Dayton came on TV last night but they are excellent - will be a tough game for us, especially inside.

Steele needs more seasoning before he will be comfortable against a Tech or a good A-10 team. Besides that, do you want to bench your 6'8" leading rebounder and have 1 guy over 6'5" on the floor? I don't.

12/31/2015 3:40 pm  #53

Just looking for someone who can rebound and make shots.  But as I said earlier, if DC would have been on that day, and it happens, we probably would have won without Gill's lack of production.

Board footera