Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2016 1:15 pm  #1

GW

I wish someone else would start these game day threads.  The last three times I started them we lost.  Previously when WEB started them we won.  

Anyhow for us out-of-towners who do not get the ASN channels.  Try this video link.. Don't know if it is PPV.

http://www.atlantic10.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=31600&mid=80213

1/09/2016 2:04 pm  #2

Re: GW

We could use a W.

1/09/2016 2:13 pm  #3

This will be going up against the Steelers, so I guess I'll try to follow it on my phone.

1/09/2016 3:32 pm  #4

the a10 is solid from top to bottom. watched the umass/st bona game today. the bonnies are a very talented, and as always, well coached team. LG should watch and pattern his game after dion wright.

tonights game is on direct tv ch 22 in  pittsburgh market, for the 5 people who aren't watching the steelers.

1/09/2016 4:21 pm  #5

812 on Comcast

1/09/2016 6:24 pm  #6

510 on Verizon Fios.

GW a 10.5 point favorite. Pomeroy has GW winning this one 78-69, giving the Dukes a 19% chance of a win.

Pomeroy now has the Dukes ranked at #148th in the country, 10th in the A-10 with a projected 7-11 record in conference.

1/09/2016 8:48 pm  #7

Where has our offense gone?

1/09/2016 8:55 pm  #8

Horrible.  Wonder if we will eventually be 0-14 without Jones

1/09/2016 9:23 pm  #9

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

1/09/2016 9:31 pm  #10

Only hope: this may be the bottom of the season. Can't get much worse, could it?

1/09/2016 9:36 pm  #11

GW exposing the reason why DU is the worst three point defensive in the League.  Pathetic.  

1/09/2016 11:30 pm  #12

Gentleman at this point I don't know what to say. We were soundly beaten in every aspect of the game. Out rebounded 50-28, offensive rebounds 17-8, assists yet again in single digits (9). How can anyone who watched 1 minute of this game believe this team can win more than 2-3 league games.

1/10/2016 6:53 am  #13

The last AD allowed Suzie to get away and DU lost a rare commodity, a great coach.  Trust Harper will not allow the same and plug Burt in here, where Suzie should have been all along!  

1/10/2016 8:06 am  #14

I watched on my iPad as Steeler/Bungles fiasco unfolded. This game turned into a rout as uncontested three's rained down on the hapless Dukes. Maybe my 16 win guess for CLK was too ambitious preseason, with 10 wins and other teams playing strong maybe 2 to 3 more might be all we will get.

I also thought a team with 6-11, 6-8,6-8,6-8 and a 6-5 leeper like James would not have been completely out rebounded.

I will watch, but not as hopeful as I was in Dec.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/10/2016 9:19 am  #15

I did not think we would win, but this team does not resemble in any way the team that took GT to the wire (without Jones) who BTW beat #4 Virginia yesterday.  The game last night was a complete breakdown.  So much I could say, but I am going to leave it at this, we need to beat SLU Wednesday at home.

1/10/2016 10:12 am  #16

Hilltopper wrote:

The last AD allowed Suzie to get away and DU lost a rare commodity, a great coach.  Trust Harper will not allow the same and plug Burt in here, where Suzie should have been all along!  

Is this a suggestion that Harper "promote" Dan Burt to coach of the men's team?  For Burt to accept that would be career suicide. That would go down with last night's Bengals as one of the great self-inflicted wounds in the history of sports.

1/10/2016 11:09 am  #17

And Susie is not a "great" coach, neither WNBA or college. A good coach, perhaps even very good, but certainly not great.

1/10/2016 11:18 am  #18

Pomeroy now has the Dukes ranked at #160th in the country, 10th in the A-10 with a projected 6-12 record in conference. - an 11th place finish.

Ferry is facing a big week - 2 conference home games against presumed equal or lesser teams. In year 4, you would anticipate 2 wins. If you lose them both, your new boss starts taking a long hard look at your coaching ability and your future.

1/10/2016 2:00 pm  #19

Phoenix,
Ferry isn't going to go anywhere this year or next year.  They extended his contract.  Also, I know how important Jones was but I believe James is better in some areas than him and not as good in others so it is a wash.  This year Ferry has two very good guards, a huge big man in the middle, etc.  If we weren't in a conference, and only played an OOC schedule we could be called a good team.  Well, it doesn't work that way.  I want to see what happens over the next two games as I said on an earlier post.  If we one two or one, we will be okay.  If we lose both, Ferry and others are drinking the Kool-Aid that he has turned the PROGRAM around and we are a good team.  I see no reason that we shouldn't win at least one of these games at home.  I just hope Ferry doesn't start making things up, blaming others, become Teflon man again if it doesn't happen.  I also have no doubt, and it is too early to tell, that this AD, who is not hooked to this coach as the previous one was, won't look to make a change after next year...if next year is poor also.  But I still have hope.  Let's see what the week brings.

1/11/2016 1:23 am  #20

CLK wrote:

I did not think we would win, but this team does not resemble in any way the team that took GT to the wire (without Jones) who BTW beat #4 Virginia yesterday.  The game last night was a complete breakdown.  So much I could say, but I am going to leave it at this, we need to beat SLU Wednesday at home.

+1

1/11/2016 8:53 am  #21

Duquesne has gone 11-58 (19.0%) from three point range during A10 play.

Here is a thought.  You have these long lanky guys. why not go radical and substitute Castro, Jackson, Steel, Powell and Sanders and go full court press giving starters a rest.  Did not look that bad against GW. Mix it up a little.

1/11/2016 10:00 am  #22

I understand your point CLK, one exception...I don't believe Castro is ready...but I can't disagree with what you are saying.  With that said, let's see how they do in the next two games before doing that.  Also, beware that some on this board will think your are trying to resurrect what RE tried back then in similar situations.  Remember, for some, we can't be critical of this current coach or system....he said smiling.

1/11/2016 10:17 am  #23

CLK, how about what Dr G did w/Lasalle taking out Dayton after the Explorers had lost previous 2 games by total 75 points:  LaSalle walked up court each possession and held ball between mid court and 3pt line until 10 seconds remaining on shot clock then played half court having spread Dayton out.  According to reports Flyers were frustrated to extent of never getting in game rhythm.
After GW Ferry told Ray he has decided to give Q a chance, which is good news but he needs to be creative too and employ some change such as you suggest; staying the course is not working in A-10 and Weds he faces a team that already has a V over GW and later this week a team that has a V over Davidson.  

Last edited by Hilltopper (1/11/2016 10:20 am)

1/11/2016 10:35 am  #24

I would just like to see us try something different and unexpected, rather than predictable especially when it is not working.  Why not press or change things up.  Bringing in the subs energizes them.  If they practice this VCU type trapping defense as a unit and get better at it, it would also prepare the first unit as they will be facing this latter.  But hey, these coaches get paid for running this program, not me, so what do I know.  

Board footera