Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2016 2:49 pm  #26

Re: SLU

Hill right on the money with Micah as the point. Probably gave up on that experiment a bit to quickly last year. I'm just not sure Ferry's style fits his current group of players. The Duke's need to play bigger and if that's the case it's going to be slower IMHO.  Hill on the OOC it's 4 years in to this rebuild Castro practiced with this team all last year. He should be ready to play.

Last edited by The Dome (1/14/2016 2:54 pm)

1/14/2016 3:30 pm  #27

A couple of related comments:
Rene dribbles to ball way too much to be an effective point guard, or to even function in a team concept.  His game at this point is what you would expect to see in a pick-up game.  Keep dribbling until I find a shot for myself. 

The team  barely functions without Micah on the court.  The experiment with Micah at the point last year was highly criticized on this board, but there were health circumstances that were not public knowledge last year that made it difficult for him to perform at the level he is playing at this year.  It is clear to see that he has much more energy, he isn't cramping up as he did early last year.  I still maintain that he is the closest thing we have to a point guard, and with his recovery from the ankle, and with better control of his health issues, he can definitely play the point and spell DC in that position.

1/14/2016 4:58 pm  #28

Rogabee to say that the defense by the subs looked mediocre on defense is an understatement.  At the 8:24 mark DU had a 33 point lead when the subs took over.  From that point DU was outscored 33 to 10.  SLU scored 42% of their points in that 8 minute stand.  Without direction from the bench it looked like DU's defense was a Chinese fire drill.  Some guys looked like they were playing zone, others looked like they were playing man, and others just had no clue who or how to guard.  The subs were young guys with limited experience on the court, not your seasoned upper classmen. They needed direction and to be coached in the moment.  When Ferry says "I was just letting them figure things out for themselves", how does he hold young inexperience kids accountable for figuring things out when he does not tell them what he wants and coach them on the court?   Every minute he has with these guys are teachable moments, not just teaching off of films. 

Last edited by CLK (1/14/2016 5:03 pm)

Board footera