Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2016 6:36 pm  #1

Emergence of Q

What, if anything, does it mean for the now and the then?

1/14/2016 8:22 pm  #2

Re: Emergence of Q

One need for next year is to have several guards who can beat a press. Believe that means at least two players who can handle the point, and shooting guards who can handle the ball well. (Passing skills at the point are a big part of the job description, and having that would be an improvement over DC, who almost never passes off his penetration drive. This is why the opinions about Micah being more of a point guard are being aired.)

If Q shows strong ball-handling skills, he should be prominent next year. Josh has looked shaky with the ball against the tougher competition (so far), and incredibly, it looks like Castro is nothing close to what we expected. 

Anyway, looks like Jackson will get more minutes, and the young man surely can shoot. If he shows handling and passing skills anywhere close to what Mason brings, he could be big factor next year.

1/15/2016 8:12 am  #3

I think he and James are the future of this team.  Not to compare, and maybe I am...when N. Nixon was a freshman he was not the same player that he would become...when he received a scholarship his "future" was not NBA predictions.  I really get tired of the word potential because it is so overused.  With that said, I am looking for great things from the "Q"

1/15/2016 10:42 am  #4

Hey I said this at the start of the season. I think he could be our X factor this season. I really like this kid athletic ability and his length. He was a bit passive but with more playing time I think him and james are going to be dynamic next year. Put Tarin smith at point and experienced front court that is going to be fun to watch.

And that's without even thinking about the recruits we are bringing in. I really do like the guys ferry is bringing in. Let's just get his coaching of those players up to par as well. 

Roll Dukes Roll

1/15/2016 2:14 pm  #5

Q?  

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/15/2016 3:10 pm  #6

MarQywell Jackson.  It's been what the young alumni have been referring to him as (not sure if he even likes it...).

1/15/2016 3:56 pm  #7

rogabee wrote:

MarQywell Jackson.  It's been what the young alumni have been referring to him as (not sure if he even likes it...).

Many people I know who have a prominent Q in their name, go by Q as a nickname. Like Quincy Jones.

1/15/2016 10:48 pm  #8

duq81 wrote:

rogabee wrote:

Many people I know who have a prominent Q in their name, go by Q as a nickname. Like Quincy Jones.

And John Quincy Adams.

1/16/2016 8:07 am  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

rogabee wrote:

And John Quincy Adams.

Never knew that anyone called John Quincy Adams Q.

1/16/2016 9:52 am  #10

duq81 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

And John Quincy Adams.

Didn't you see Amistad?  They were calling him Q throughout the film.

1/16/2016 8:10 pm  #11

VBC wrote:

duq81 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

And John Quincy Adams.

Didn't you see Amistad?  They were calling him Q throughout the film.

Not a person who enjoys movies, so I missed that.

Board footera