Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2016 9:30 pm  #1

A-10 Championships

Our ladies take on GW tomorrow for the A-10 Championship.  Game is on ESPNU at Noon.  They are apparently having a watch party at Buford's Kitchen for those interested in the game and not already in Richmond.  

PUT EM UP!

3/05/2016 10:12 pm  #2

Re: A-10 Championships

Even the biggest Chicken Littles on the board have to know that we're in by now.

3/06/2016 1:44 am  #3

Only way they aren't in the dance now is if the committee has made it a point of emphasis to completely screw the Dukes over and ruin their reputation in the process.  This win over Saint Louis was the last hurdle.  

3/06/2016 7:22 am  #4

Got a feeling today that the Dukes will finally get hot shooting the ball from outside. April's huge 3 hopefully opened the floodgates. Go Dukes!

3/06/2016 10:28 am  #5

I got a real good feeling about today's game.  It's been a magical year.  Even when the team's not on their "A" game, they find a way to win.  Come the last few minutes of a game, they make all the plays they have to make, then hit their foul shots.  I'll be tuned in to Red Zone's 11:45 pregame with Burt before watching on ESPNU. Go, Dukes!

3/06/2016 1:56 pm  #6

Horrible last 8 minutes.  Only 1 field goal?  Dang come on

3/06/2016 2:03 pm  #7

Came up a little short final was 63-60.

CONGRATULATIONS ALL THE SAME TO THE LADIES ON A PHENOMENAL SEASON TO DATE -  Hopefully they get the seed they deserve (RPI was 18 going in to the game)  Hopefully the Athletic Department invites the general public to join the team and watch with them when the brackets are announced.

3/06/2016 3:51 pm  #8

It was a great season.  Third game in less than 36 hours.    And they gave it their all.

3/06/2016 3:52 pm  #9

SkepticAl wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS ALL THE SAME TO THE LADIES ON A PHENOMENAL SEASON TO DATE -  Hopefully they get the seed they deserve (RPI was 18 going in to the game)  Hopefully the Athletic Department invites the general public to join the team and watch with them when the brackets are announced.

Doubtful.    I think schools only do that when you have an automatic bid.    It would be awful if there was a party and the team was screwed.

3/06/2016 4:40 pm  #10

duqkurt wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

Doubtful. I think schools only do that when you have an automatic bid. It would be awful if there was a party and the team was screwed.

I doubt the NCAA even knows what city Duquesne is located. I think it's really iffy about them getting an at-large bid. 

3/06/2016 5:45 pm  #11

rittersdiner wrote:

duqkurt wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

Doubtful. I think schools only do that when you have an automatic bid. It would be awful if there was a party and the team was screwed.

I doubt the NCAA even knows what city Duquesne is located. I think it's really iffy about them getting an at-large bid. 

Duquesne's RPI is 19 at the moment, they have 2 quality top 50 wins and no "bad losses" and they were one of two teams in the conference finals of a two bid league.  They've been fringe AP top 25 all season.  Only way they don't make it is if the committee suddenly decides a two bid league is only worth one because of massive amounts of upsets in conference tourneys.  Even still the bubble this year was totally weak and the teams they'd be competing with for that slot at large like Saint Louis and St. Bonaventure didn't go as far in the conference tourney.

27 wins speaks greatly to this team's tournament resume.  

Board footera