Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2016 4:20 pm  #26

Re: St Joe's

heelsdukesfan wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

Even blind squirrels find nuts once in a while.

Can't you give these guys credit for not packing it in, but really playing a great game against a quality opponent? Why do you even bother if you preach only gloom and doom?

Unlike some on this board I never saw these guys quit, even when things looked bleak. Great job by the team!

great point. i will be the first to admit that i am not a ferry fan. however, you are 100% right. not once during that 8 game losing streak did that team quit. testament to micah and dc for keeping it together. this team has an assistant  coach and 2 seniors that have battled illness and they never made excuses. i really think dc and micah will be successful in whatever path they choose to follow after basketball and will represent the university very well.. 
who knows, maybe micach pulls an aaron jackson in brooklyn. stranger things have happened.  look at austin peay!!!!

I don't preach gloom and doom. I watch it on the court most seasons. You want to celebrate a win over a disinterested St. Joe's, fine. I would never say not to. And your opinion about them not quitting is true. But is quitting an option for this team, or any team? I don't give props for a team doing what it's on scholarship to do: try to win games. If you are happy about that, then you have set the bar really low.

3/06/2016 5:25 pm  #27

I think one thing we all can agree on is where the anger for this years failure is centered. Yesterday the Dukes had some real positives like out rebounding a opponent, 18 assists to 12 turnovers and one that really caught my eye Colter had almost as many assists as SHOTS ( 11A, 13 shots). The amount of 3's was closer to 40% of the total shots rather than 50%. IMHO we even got 13 strong minutes from Robinson.
The disheartening fact is there is no path forward with most of your starting 5 playing 40 minutes. It would be nice to pound LaSalle early and rotate bodies but..... we can all dream.
Crazy thing today while checking out different games I happened upon Holy Cross, they where 13-19 and are now playing for their conference championship. The turn around was installing a 1-3-1 defense prior to the start of the tournament. Wow we have a coach 2 YEARS into a defense we still can't play.

3/06/2016 6:34 pm  #28

My thoughts exactly, Dome. If yo can't teach defense, bring in an assistant that can...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/07/2016 3:13 pm  #29

Isn't it ironic that the loss by St. Joe's meant more to them than the win meant to the  Dukes.

3/07/2016 3:58 pm  #30

Westender wrote:

Isn't it ironic that the loss by St. Joe's meant more to them than the win meant to the  Dukes.

Kind of like it did for us in 2011, when a 20 loss St. Joe's team inflicted a devastating loss on a Dukes team that we thought might have a chance to win the A10. A bit of payback.

3/07/2016 10:40 pm  #31

Ritter's Quote: "You want to celebrate a win over a disinterested St. Joe's,"

It's ridiculous to say that St. Joe's was disinterested. They wanted that game badly.

3/09/2016 9:28 am  #32

applecorps wrote:

Ritter's Quote: "You want to celebrate a win over a disinterested St. Joe's,"

It's ridiculous to say that St. Joe's was disinterested. They wanted that game badly.

Agreed. That was for a share of the regular season title.

Board footera