Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2016 12:43 pm  #1

NCAA Women's RPI

Fresh from the NCAA's website (03/07/16): http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

A-10 Teams with top 100 RPIs:
#18 Dukes (27-5)
#26 GW (26-6)
#38 Bonnies (23-7)
#54 SLU (24-7)
#71 VCU (23-7)
#84 Dayton (14-14)

Dukes' non-conference opponents with top 100 RPIs:
#32 Princeton (23-4)
#42 Ohio (24-5)
#51 St. John's (21-9)
#70 Central Mich. (20-9)

Local opponent who does not have a top 100 RPI:
#125 Pitt (13-18)

Last edited by godukes1970 (3/07/2016 1:05 pm)

3/07/2016 10:12 pm  #2

Re: NCAA Women's RPI

Thanks, goDukes1970. Very impressive accomplishment for Dan Burt and the Dukes. I also appreciate you including the RPI of the other local team - ha!

3/07/2016 11:14 pm  #3

IF RPI was the ONLY Criteria - Ladies would then get a #5 seed -  Will probably be a little lower am just hoping it does NOT fall down to an 8 or 9 and then get stuck in a bracket with U Conn or possibly ND.

3/08/2016 9:11 am  #4

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Thanks, goDukes1970. Very impressive accomplishment for Dan Burt and the Dukes. I also appreciate you including the RPI of the other local team - ha!

It actually would have helped us if Pitt had been a little better, like in the 90s. Of course, the collapse of our men hurt Pitt, as we were a quality win for them before we hit the skids.

You know, I'm not sure that taking a beatdown from UConn in the second round is the worst outcome for us. We're not likely to last past a second game anyway, so why not go out against the best of the best. UConn is going to beat the snot out of any pretty much any team they face, so no shame there. We might actually get on tv, as opposed to getting whipped by the third place team out of the ACC, or SEC.

3/08/2016 8:25 pm  #5

Could you imagine if little tiny Duquesne faced UConn in the tourney and won?  Not knocking Dan and crew as I'm sure even they would privately say I'm absolutely crazy but could you imagine if the stars aligned for once and they did it?

3/08/2016 10:05 pm  #6

And how about if the WAY they won was by a FOUR Point Play by Chassidy -throwing a head fake - getting Brianna Stewart to Bump Her having a three fall in - and dropping the free throw!!!

(and with YOU being an ANNOUNCER) -  GIVE US YOUR "CALL" (and NO stealing - "do you believe in Miracles"  

Know they have struggled a little lately - especially on Offense but BOTTOM LINE - 27 WINS!!!  

3/08/2016 10:09 pm  #7

Well if I was the radio or TV announcer it'd be real easy to start with "The Upset of a lifetime"

3/09/2016 7:28 am  #8

SteelCityVoice wrote:

Well if I was the radio or TV announcer it'd be real easy to start with "The Upset of a lifetime"

UConn is so far ahead of the pack, that if even second ranked S. Carolina beat them, it would be an upset on the level of Villanova beating Georgetown. Anyone else beating them would be like an A10 team winning the men's title.

3/15/2016 12:50 pm  #9

SkepticAl wrote:

IF RPI was the ONLY Criteria - Ladies would then get a #5 seed -  Will probably be a little lower am just hoping it does NOT fall down to an 8 or 9 and then get stuck in a bracket with U Conn or possibly ND.

This is just what I was worried about for you guys when watching last night.

3/16/2016 11:15 am  #10

We're probably going to get on tv if we play UConn. Just being competitive would be a win.

Board footera