Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2016 12:56 pm  #1

Go Dukes - From Wisconsin

First time post.  New fan over here in Wisconsin.

Daughter started playing basketball this year, so I started watching some women's hoops.  Besides my Alma Matter, Milwaukee, I started following your women's team as my 2nd pick.

I've always adopted Pittsburgh teams as my 2nd team.  Steelers since the mid-70s, Penguins when I started following hockey in the 90's.  So it was easy to take on your women's team as my 2nd college hoops team.

So disappointed when I saw where you guys ended up the bracket.  While watching it last night, I got a bad feeling when I saw GW get the 8-9 game.  But who knows, anything can happen this time of year.

Good luck !!!

3/15/2016 7:25 pm  #2

Re: Go Dukes - From Wisconsin

Glad to have you as a fan!

3/15/2016 8:12 pm  #3

Welcome aboard!

3/19/2016 5:36 am  #4

ALSO wanted to welcome you on Board - Mind sharing your opinion of the Green Bay Team -  do you appreciate them in general or dislike them as a rival (like some of our posters would do with Pitt)

IF you are a fan of theirs - then maybe you can appreciate what some of our ladies fans have dealt with -  EACH year your team gets them 23,24 win seasons -  you get the 9,10,11 seed etc. This was Duquesne's EIGHTH STRAIGHT 20 win season - FIRST time they received an Invitation -  

I think they played quite well against Tennessee was impressed with how they shared the ball etc - kind of a bummer that they went cold at the end and lost.

Also gives a little validation to Coach Burt when he mentioned the achievement being an At-Large Bid.

3/19/2016 10:35 am  #5

UConn 58, Bobby Mo 9, Closing in on halftime.

3/19/2016 12:14 pm  #6

SkepticAl wrote:

ALSO wanted to welcome you on Board - Mind sharing your opinion of the Green Bay Team -  do you appreciate them in general or dislike them as a rival (like some of our posters would do with Pitt)

IF you are a fan of theirs - then maybe you can appreciate what some of our ladies fans have dealt with -  EACH year your team gets them 23,24 win seasons -  you get the 9,10,11 seed etc. This was Duquesne's EIGHTH STRAIGHT 20 win season - FIRST time they received an Invitation -  

I think they played quite well against Tennessee was impressed with how they shared the ball etc - kind of a bummer that they went cold at the end and lost.

Also gives a little validation to Coach Burt when he mentioned the achievement being an At-Large Bid.

We have a huge rivalry with them on the men's side.  Don't like them at all and they don't like us "big city" guys either.  On the women's side, I think we appreciate what they have accomplished.  I did watch their game yesterday and was surprised that I was actually pulling for them.  I've only started following women's ball this year because my 9-year old daughter started playing this year.  So I haven't really developed a dislike of GB's women's team like I have for their men's team. 

In comparing our programs, your Pitt would be Marquette for us.  I'm guessing pretty much the same situation.  Tell me if this sounds familiar ... They are the big school, the "major" program.  Get all the press and most all of the fans in the area.  While we are lucky to get a few paragraphs.  People who didn't even attend either University will only root for Marquette and not even bother to give us a chance.

Course we're getting some press right now because our AD is a complete disaster and just fired Rob Jeter, our men's coach.

Last edited by jhart05-MILW (3/19/2016 12:21 pm)

3/19/2016 12:19 pm  #7

duq81 wrote:

Yeah, UConn not leaving any doubt in that game they are ready and prepared to win # 4.

Your girls getting ready to tip off.

Let's Go Dukes!!!

3/19/2016 12:41 pm  #8

jhart05-MILW wrote:

SkepticAl wrote:

We have a huge rivalry with them on the men's side.  Don't like them at all and they don't like us "big city" guys either.  On the women's side, I think we appreciate what they have accomplished.  I did watch their game yesterday and was surprised that I was actually pulling for them.  I've only started following women's ball this year because my 9-year old daughter started playing this year.  So I haven't really developed a dislike of GB's women's team like I have for their men's team. 

In comparing our programs, your Pitt would be Marquette for us.  I'm guessing pretty much the same situation.  Tell me if this sounds familiar ... They are the big school, the "major" program.  Get all the press and most all of the fans in the area.  While we are lucky to get a few paragraphs.  People who didn't even attend either University will only root for Marquette and not even bother to give us a chance.

Course we're getting some press right now because our AD is a complete disaster and just fired Rob Jeter, our men's coach.

The difference is that at one time, we were the "Marquette", and Pitt was the afterthought. That is what makes it a bit different. After an initial period where both teams were very good, we became the dominant program, and were such for 30 years. Pitt caught us in the mid 70's, and the programs were equals, playing in the same league for about 8 years. Then Pitt moved to the Big East, and Duquesne went into decline at the same time, and they've dominated ever since.

3/19/2016 12:43 pm  #9

jhart05-MILW wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Yeah, UConn not leaving any doubt in that game they are ready and prepared to win # 4.

Your girls getting ready to tip off.

Let's Go Dukes!!!

Looking very good early! 33-24 after 1!!!!

3/19/2016 2:17 pm  #10

Nice!!
Pretty much dominated the entire game.

Board footera