Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2016 8:08 pm  #1

Dukes-Huskies Game Thread

Go Dukes!!

3/21/2016 8:08 pm  #2

Re: Dukes-Huskies Game Thread

6-3 Dukes!!!!!

3/21/2016 8:14 pm  #3

13-9 UConn

3/21/2016 8:19 pm  #4

13-12!!!!

3/21/2016 8:23 pm  #5

20-14 at the end of 1.

3/21/2016 8:24 pm  #6

Not bad.
Your ladies are hanging with them so far.

3/21/2016 8:25 pm  #7

Uconn usually up 20 by now. Dukes playing hard.

3/21/2016 8:40 pm  #8

Three points this quarter. It's going to get away from them if they can't score.

3/21/2016 8:47 pm  #9

Wow, ugly second quarter. Doubled the score, and the rout is on.

3/21/2016 8:50 pm  #10

Well, it was a good season. Dukes stayed with them for four minutes. UConn can name the score now. At least the Dukes aren't the only team to get swallowed up by the Huskies. 

3/21/2016 8:53 pm  #11

rittersdiner wrote:

Well, it was a good season. Dukes stayed with them for four minutes. UConn can name the score now. At least the Dukes aren't the only team to get swallowed up by the Huskies. 

I doubt anyone comes within 20 points of them before the Final, and maybe not even then.

3/21/2016 8:57 pm  #12

If just a couple of those open shots would have fallen.
Could at least been closer to 10.

3/21/2016 9:07 pm  #13

jhart05-MILW wrote:

If just a couple of those open shots would have fallen.
Could at least been closer to 10.

You don't measure yourself on your margin of defeat. You measure yourself on how often you win.

3/21/2016 9:26 pm  #14

The talent gap is wider than the Grand Canyon. The women's game is very unbalanced. Kansas, or Carolina would never have this easy a time with a Top 40 team, but UConn could do this to all but a handful of teams.

3/21/2016 10:03 pm  #15

Just a great season.   Nothing to hang their heads about all.

3/21/2016 10:13 pm  #16

I hate the outcome. But I think even better days are ahead for Dan Burt and the Dukes. And what can you say about Deva'Nyar Workman and April Robinson? Two of the best ever at Duquesne. Put their names up there with Korie Hlede, Wumi Agunbiade, Candace Futrell, Beth Friday, Donna Zivic, etc. Great kids, great players.

3/21/2016 10:14 pm  #17

Hung with them for about 15 minutes before the train hit them. Now they know what it takes to become one of the elite.

3/21/2016 10:37 pm  #18

Darn shame they had to face UConn to get to the Sweet 16.  I honestly think they could hang with most of the other teams in the country and could have been a Sweet 16/Elite 8 type team in any other bracket. 

Luck of the draw though....

Looking forward to seeing our freshmen develop and play harder next year!

3/22/2016 4:44 am  #19

AWESOME SEASON LADIES -  Per El Duque's Comment at the end ..GREAT KIDS,  -EACH AND EVERY  ONE OF THEM  and Off the Court -   All those autographs/posing for photos after the home games - the "little things" they did can be appreciated by the recipients - many too small too post here of course

Per Steel City Voice -  I've always though the biggest improvement in a players career comes after the freshman year and during the sophomore year -  First time the athlete may be away from home for an extended period of time (and with all of our European players this is even more unique)  In high school - they were pretty much "the woman" -  Even with two State Championships and 2,600 plus points - in her four year CAREER at BlackHawk -  I'd guess Chassidy faced maybe 5 players TOTAL at the most that were the caliber of the ones she would face against a foe like Rhode Island, or U Mass -not to mention NONE that would be the caliber of the LAST Player on the bench at a school like U Conn.)  It can be then they realize how hard they have to work to continue to be productive.

And as for luck of the draw -  I sent to Coach Benton after the Selection Party - The Team Deserved Better"  When I was in school a buddy said to me "For X Dollars - I would fight Muhammid Ali (sp?) "I told him "That is silly -- for Y dollars I would fight Chuck Wepner"  Would have been great to get U Conn a little later down the line.  And hopefully with St Bonnie getting a comfortable first round win in addition to the beat down the ladies put on Seton Hall - maybe next year the seedings get a little better and the A-10 teams have a little more margin for error.

3/22/2016 7:34 am  #20

A little beside the point and certainly not the reason the Dukes lost but did anyone notice UConn was called for only 7 fouls total before the benches emptied in the fourth quarter? Refs most have been looking the other way at times.

3/22/2016 7:44 am  #21

One thing that really annoys me about the women's game is the fact that they allow teams to play on their home floor. That needs to stop. Not even remotely fair.

3/22/2016 9:58 am  #22

Dukes2012 wrote:

One thing that really annoys me about the women's game is the fact that they allow teams to play on their home floor. That needs to stop. Not even remotely fair.

If/when the NCAA can get attendance at neutral floors they will likely quit that practice.  You have to improve the women's game to that point though.

3/22/2016 10:06 am  #23

duq81 wrote:

The talent gap is wider than the Grand Canyon. The women's game is very unbalanced. Kansas, or Carolina would never have this easy a time with a Top 40 team, but UConn could do this to all but a handful of teams.

Why do you think that is? Is there a shortage of elite women players and Uconn gets just about everyone of them?

3/22/2016 4:31 pm  #24

Regarding the "Foul Situation" - One of the points the announcers mentioned during the Robert Morris game - over the season U Conn AVERAGED 11 fouls per game -  so it was pretty much business as usual.

DUKES 2012 -  Rogabee's Point is Right on - Imagine there was a double header at Palumbo (or at the Consol Center) - Auburn-South Dakota State  -  Maryland-Seton Hall -  All four of these were tournament teams -  Maryland was a 2 seed -  How many people do you think would be there?

Board footera