Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2016 8:50 am  #1

Season Postscrpit

After one of the best starts in years the Dukes go 2-10 to end the season.  I listen to the Ferry interview after the game where he lauded that after 4 years was able to get to .500 despite inheriting the seemingly ever quoted empty cupboard.  Still pointing fingers after 4 years!  Hey Jim what about the series of poor recruiting decisions with a trail of dead wood the last 4 years, or the highly touted guard that can't even get off the bench?  What about your inability to teach or motivate your team to play defense?  What about your inability to make game day adjustments or hold your players accountable? 

I have said this many times before, I want Jim Ferry to be successful here at Duquesne, but he needs to man up and stop making excuses.  He needs to recognize that he not only must recruit better players, but he must do a better job of teaching and executing multiple defenses.  His "dummy down" defensive philosophy has to change, the one size fits all does not work.  Yet even with the siplified defense his guys look lost too many times. 

Next year may be the last opportunity for him and his staff to get it done.  I hope he feels the pressure and realize that he and his staff are coaching for their basketball careers next season.

Last edited by CLK (3/22/2016 9:18 am)

3/22/2016 10:02 am  #2

Re: Season Postscrpit

He was one game under .500 vs. DI teams. And he lost 17 games -- only a couple game difference from his first season.

3/23/2016 2:06 pm  #3

Re: Season Postscrpit

Who would come to Duquesne unless this was the best offer they got, maybe no one else wanted them?

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera