Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2016 5:35 pm  #1

Your thoughts?

Very disappointed in the season but the only thing we can do is look forward to next season. 

I think the loss of DC and Micah will be both a good and bad thing. Yes Micah was incredible on offense and DC could take the ball down the court faster than anyone.....but besides that how much did they help this team?

Maybe its because I've watch DC and Micah lose over and over again but I feel like the rotation of Tarin Smith, Mike lewis, and Spencer Littlerson will be an upgrade. 

Yes I know they are young but hopefully that means ferry will keep them on a way tighter leash. It seemed like at times last year DC and Micah could turn the ball over 10 times and air ball it another 20 and ferry wouldn't say a word. 

Roll Dukes Roll

3/23/2016 6:43 pm  #2

Re: Your thoughts?

Jimmy Ferry does not have a leash. Think of all of DC's 1-10 starts that devolved into 4-17 nights. I realize after Ridenour left he had no other options (and who do we blame for that?), but even if you sit him for a turn and have a forward walk it up, you have to do something.

3/23/2016 7:23 pm  #3

ElDuque wrote:

Jimmy Ferry does not have a leash. Think of all of DC's 1-10 starts that devolved into 4-17 nights. I realize after Ridenour left he had no other options (and who do we blame for that?), but even if you sit him for a turn and have a forward walk it up, you have to do something.

Do you believe Ridenour was an impact player?

3/23/2016 7:38 pm  #4

We certainly ended up having very little depth at guard. The complete lack of another ball handler caused DC to play many more minutes than any of us would have liked. Obviously the plan was for Castro to join DC and Micah to create a solid three guard rotation, but it became clear quite quickly that that plan wasn't in the cards this year. Castro being a no-show was bad luck for coach ferry but he should have known that playing your two guards close to 40 minutes a game wasn't sustainable

3/23/2016 9:15 pm  #5

WEB wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Seriously, do you expect an answer to that?

3/23/2016 9:46 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

WEB wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Seriously, do you expect an answer to that?

Yeah, I was curious how you thought he'd have impacted our program had he stayed.

3/24/2016 5:31 am  #7

Ferry would have had a backup point guard. Although he still might have played Colter and Mason 38 minutes a night.

And no, Ridenour was not an impact player, although in his first year he often outplayed Colter. Ferry hasn't put anyone on the floor I consider an impact player. Smith can potentially be that, but I'm worried about what's around him.

Soko was a good player but we lost more than we won with him. Mason was a good player, but ditto. Both had weaknesses. Soko couldn't finish layups and Mason was an instant turnover if doubled. Colter had good moments, and bad moments. My favorite player of the Ferry era was McKoy, guy brought his work boots and lunch pail to work. Reminded me of Charles Oakley.

Board footera