Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2016 1:49 am  #1

ICYMI.....pg commenter

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]Shout to Anon for the nod and to both Anon and Paul, as well as Craig, too: Getting hi-quality coach is not that hard and in fact look no further than down road to Moon toward Andy Toole and his mentor, DU progeny, the controversial Michael Rice, who both have out-coached DU over the years, including Ron. Wouldn't break the bank and gladly take .[/color]Shout to Anon for the nod and to both Anon and Paul, as well as Craig, too: Getting hi-quality coach is not that hard and in fact look no further than down road to Moon toward Andy Toole and his mentor, DU progeny, the controversial Michael Rice, who both have out-coached DU over the years, including Ron. Wouldn't break the bank and gladly take my chances with either.

Last edited by Hilltopper (4/04/2016 1:52 am)

4/04/2016 10:33 am  #2

Re: ICYMI.....pg commenter

What was this in response to? Pardon me for ending in a preposition, BTW.

4/04/2016 4:59 pm  #3

Great job Rice did at Rutgers.

4/04/2016 6:07 pm  #4

Andy Toole should have left a few years back when his stock was high. Horrible year last year and his cupboard is bare this year. Don't think we want him here.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/04/2016 10:42 pm  #5

KenOTR73 wrote:

Andy Toole should have left a few years back when his stock was high. Horrible year last year and his cupboard is bare this year. Don't think we want him here.

If you really want to climb the coaching ladder, you can't stay at a low major too long. With only one bid per year, the margin of error is small, although the auto bids to the NIT has helped a bit. Jarrett Durham had a better run than Toole, but when the team stumbled, they showed him the door.

4/05/2016 9:50 am  #6

4/05/2016 10:50 am  #7

I agree with his comments on Micah. His shooting percentage was always going to go down as he became a better, more complete player. It's a real shame that Micah was never on one of our better recent teams (ex. TJ's freshman year team in 2009), as I feel like he could have been a huge part of a very successful team.

4/06/2016 4:30 pm  #8

This looked like Ferry wrote it?  He craps all over everyone but Micah and Derrick? He thinks Ferry can play defense? but admits the Dukes are the worst 3-pt defenders in the country?  Didn't Derrick and Micah defend the perimeter?  And if all the other players (like Lewis) didn't have some weakness's , then they would have been 3 or 4 star players coming out of HS and would have gone to a better school than DU.  So what's his point?    No where does he point out that Ferry is their coach and has failed to improve them. Just full of excuses (like Ferry) why the Dukes sucked this year without blaming Ferry.    

4/06/2016 8:55 pm  #9

Dukes2012 wrote:

I agree with his comments on Micah. His shooting percentage was always going to go down as he became a better, more complete player. It's a real shame that Micah was never on one of our better recent teams (ex. TJ's freshman year team in 2009), as I feel like he could have been a huge part of a very successful team.

TJ was a freshman in 2011, not 2009. His freshman year was when we had the 11 game winning streak.

4/06/2016 9:16 pm  #10

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

TJ was a freshman in 2011, not 2009. His freshman year was when we had the 11 game winning streak.

You're right. I'm losing track of time. 2009 was the year we were up by 16 or so on Pitt at half time and then preceeded to blow it

Last edited by Dukes2012 (4/06/2016 9:18 pm)

4/07/2016 8:30 am  #11

Dukes2012 wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Dukes2012 wrote:

You're right. I'm losing track of time. 2009 was the year we were up by 16 or so on Pitt at half time and then preceeded to blow it

It was 2010. I graduated 2014' and we were freshman the same year.

Board footera