Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2016 4:02 pm  #1

All-time, my time Duquesne WBB team

C - Donna Zivic (the Babe Ruth of DUWBB, program's first really good player)
F - Wumi Agunbiade (tremendous talent, our best Canadian player ever)
F - Beth Friday (rebounding machine)
PG - April Robinson (what else can you say? Delivered an NCAA T win)
SG - Korie Hlede (best player ever in the program)

Bench: Candace Futrell (6th man, er, woman), Darcie Vincent, Becky Oglevee, LynnDee Howell, Kristi Little, Kathy Ridilla, Alex Gensler, Amy Alger.

An icon most of you don't know: Eleanor Bailey. Ellie was a big girl, a country girl, I think, who was told by someone, "Ellie, your job is to rebound." Still holds the single season RPG record.

5/19/2016 5:44 pm  #2

Re: All-time, my time Duquesne WBB team

First woman in D.U. HOF--Beth Hochrein (6'2")-26 PPG- HOF WBB --could play any position 1 through 5--and Tennis---#3 seed on men's team. Doubles partner Liz Stockhausen (8-2 vs. male opponents)   D.U's first really, really good female athlete. Eileen Livingston and Sam Hazo were her coaches.  Legend and lore has it that she beat Willie Somerset in one-on-one game at old gym. I wasn't there.  I don't doubt it!  I  crafted and wrote the sports section of the L'Esprit Du Duc in '65. Saw her often. 

I'd add as bench players Kelly Eberhart from North Catholic, Sherri Hannon- from the North Hills and the shooting guards from Char Valley and Monaca, whose names escape me, ( one of them used to tend bar at Shale's-- Sarge Brown's favorite player!!) 

5/19/2016 7:25 pm  #3

I stuck with a 13 player roster, so we'd have to bump someone to add someone.

I'm intrigued by Beth Hochrein....I thought the program started in the mid 1970s. What years did she play?

5/19/2016 10:06 pm  #4

1963 through 1966 inclusive.  The then Duchesses were the first team to use the full court as did the men's teams.  You might be able to archive the L'Esprit Du Duc issues for 1965 and 1966. Let me correct something.  Phyllis Sanguini was the Duchesses coach, not Eileen Livingston.

Board footera