Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2016 10:41 pm  #1

8/03/2016 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne football #97 all time

A bit amazing, but when you go back to the pre-war years, Duquesne football was a powerhouse. Is the Duquesne PR department doing anything about this? No. They are handling with the same energy as they did the centennial of the basketball team. For all that Duquesne was and is, in sports now and in the past, and as an institution, I am damn proud and I wish the story would be told more.

8/03/2016 3:46 pm  #3

The Dukes may never return to play at the NCAA FBS level in the future, but this article takes a look at the entirety of college football to determine the top 100 college football teams.  I'm sure many Pittsburghers and college football fans around the country are unaware of the Dukes' victorious past.  

I believe this article can serve as an education and inspiration of the current football Dukes to build on last season's success.  The Dukes have a pretty good non-conference schedule and will face at least two tough NEC teams, Sacred Heart and St Francis.  Winning the NEC and having a 10-1 overall record will earn the Dukes another bid in the FCS playoffs and possibly a home game to be played at Highmark Stadium.    

8/03/2016 4:01 pm  #4

kneeguy wrote:

A bit amazing, but when you go back to the pre-war years, Duquesne football was a powerhouse. Is the Duquesne PR department doing anything about this? No. They are handling with the same energy as they did the centennial of the basketball team. For all that Duquesne was and is, in sports now and in the past, and as an institution, I am damn proud and I wish the story would be told more.

The article about the top 100 college basketball teams has just been published.  Today Duquesne's athletics' website leads with this story: http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080316aai.html.  What more do you want them to do to publicize the honor?

8/04/2016 7:08 am  #5

In the PR business, you succeed by taking your story to other and higher levels. You make buddies with sports writers, editors and columnists and you talk to them about maybe writing a piece or having a mention on the broadcast. I spent 40 years in the newspaper industry and know how PR people came to me. The Duquesne website story is fine, but it is basically preaching to the choir.

Board footera