Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2016 5:53 pm  #26

Re: Comes humility and maturity, he's got it!

applecorps wrote:

Most of you saw the sf situation differently than I did. What I saw was James get off to a big start, then fall off when confronted with A-10 defenders. Believe it's likely that JJ's performance would not have stayed at the level of his non-con play either.

Most likely. Then again, if having JJ turns around the results of just 2 of those late losses, we're 19-15, 8-10 in the league, and most would have seen that as an acceptable step forward.

8/14/2016 6:50 pm  #27

Since we're dealing with hypotheticals, what if the presence of Jones resulted in two more losses? Then you not only have a crap season, but James, Steele and Jackson get pinned to the bench.

8/14/2016 8:02 pm  #28

ElDuque wrote:

Since we're dealing with hypotheticals, what if the presence of Jones resulted in two more losses? Then you not only have a crap season, but James, Steele and Jackson get pinned to the bench.

We'll never know. What if TJ doesn't leave? Ron gets another year. Better yet, what if Mickey Davis plays his senior year? The Dukes go 23-2, and make a deep run in the NCAAs. Maybe we land a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits, Red keeps coaching, and we become a dominant factor in the Big East during the 80s, and beyond.  We could take a negative view, but it's hard to imagine a scenario worse than our reality the last 40 years.

You can always tell when we're deep into the offseason

8/15/2016 5:41 am  #29

We are the kings of "what if" in college basketball but I suspect with or without TJ that Amodio was going to do what he did anyway. And if had been a year later, for any reason, I think TJ would have still transferred.

I'm ready for new heroes, my friend. The Steelers have Shazier, Tuitt, Dupree, etc. The Yankees finally ditched Aged-Rod and Beltran and brought up Judge and Sanchez. Now I need some Diaper Dukes. Would love to see the young bigs become the focus of the team so we can put an end to the longest and most miserable streak of our lives.

8/15/2016 10:52 am  #30

Looking forward to the season with much anticipation. Almost sorry for my .500 prediction but feel it is a real possibility. Never wanted to be more wrong!! Let's go Dukes!

Board footera