Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2016 10:53 am  #1

Not going to hide or sugarcoat my disappointment

None of the three major media outlets (DK, P-G, T-R) have issued so much as a peep since our WBB team started its European tour. Now, granted, the traditional newspaper outlets did nice stories before the trip began. But nothing since?

I realize that we're covered by part-timers who have other jobs during the summer, BUT ...

No one thought to ask one of the local Pittsburgh ladies to do a blog-type report? No pick-up of the photos on social media?

Nothing?

I guess the daily reports on Pitt, Penn State and WVU are THAT vital to sustaining readership.

Big fail, folks.

8/09/2016 1:06 pm  #2

Re: Not going to hide or sugarcoat my disappointment

ElDuque wrote:

None of the three major media outlets (DK, P-G, T-R) have issued so much as a peep since our WBB team started its European tour. Now, granted, the traditional newspaper outlets did nice stories before the trip began. But nothing since?

I realize that we're covered by part-timers who have other jobs during the summer, BUT ...

No one thought to ask one of the local Pittsburgh ladies to do a blog-type report? No pick-up of the photos on social media?

Nothing?

I guess the daily reports on Pitt, Penn State and WVU are THAT vital to sustaining readership.

Big fail, folks.

I found info and photos of the trip on Facebook from Olivia Bresnahan. https://livvylouwho22.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/foreign-tour-day-4/

8/09/2016 1:12 pm  #3

Our program has done a nice job on social media. Constant updates, photos, game stats, etc.

It's the news media that failed.

8/09/2016 4:20 pm  #4

Following appeared today in the PG (page E-8)

The Duquesne Lady Dukes defeated host Pinkk Pesci424  73-45 as Amadea Szamos scored 17 points in the second game of their foreign tour.  Chassidy Omogrosso added 13.

Still haven't seen anything in the Trib-Review -

KNOW the Olympics are going on but EL DUQUE MAKES A VALID POINT -  Normally NOTHING appears regarding hoops in the summer month -  Their have been SEVERAL articles about one Pitt hooper or another etc.

8/09/2016 6:46 pm  #5

It's ok. Dejan's site hasn't covered the Steelers in a couple days either.

8/17/2016 1:17 pm  #6

godukes1970 thanks for the link.  It sounds like the team is having a wonderful time.  I'm sure we'd all love to see more posts if you could.  Thanks again.

Board footera