Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2016 5:08 pm  #26

Re: More recruiting news from Pittsburgh Sports Now

duq81 wrote:

The season can't start soon enough! I can't remember going into a season with such a wide range of possible outcomes. This team has neither proven players, nor proven scrubs at any position. Potential at every position, none of it proven. No outcome would totally surprise me, from a 10 win season that leads to a coaching change, to a 25 win season that also leads to a coaching change.

That's so true. I'm really looking forward to it. So much potential but so many new faces. Could really go either way. I am really hoping the increased length improves our defense. If this team competes on the defensive end, it could be an enjoyable season

8/31/2016 2:37 pm  #27

ElDuque wrote:

...of the recruit? The reporter? The publication? The message board? Your friendly neighborhood El Duque?

What is it McHale? What, what, what, what?

Hahaha of the recruit. Yes I do like his offer sheet but personally out of all the guards we have been targeting I like him the least. I get the whole "don't count him out because he's short" but I do think the way our recruiting has been going we can get a better option at PG coming into our 2018 class.

Also he is friends with Rene Castro....and you know my thoughts on him. 

Roll Dukes Roll

8/31/2016 4:37 pm  #28

currentstudent wrote:

Hahaha of the recruit. Yes I do like his offer sheet but personally out of all the guards we have been targeting I like him the least. I get the whole "don't count him out because he's short" but I do think the way our recruiting has been going we can get a better option at PG coming into our 2018 class.

Also he is friends with Rene Castro....and you know my thoughts on him. 

The fact that Rene, who has certainly struggled on the court, had good things to say about Duquesne and the coaching staff is pretty telling. I give credit to the coaching staff for keeping Rene engaged with the program and also to Rene for a mature outlook.  Many players in his position would certainly have behaved in a different manner.

8/31/2016 6:59 pm  #29

Maybe look at Castro this way, he was very limited in PT and seemed to compensate by trying to score once he received the rock, he made ill advised drives and off balanced shots.

Mason and DC were going to get 35 min a game unless they got into foul trouble, this left little time for Castro, Steel and the other guards on the squad.

As far as the 5-10 kid, just as long as he is not being counted on to do major min. And become a match up problem, that size doesn't bother me.

I did use to cringe when DC and that 5-8 JC transfer were our backcourt and other teams had a field day hitting three's over those smurfs.

A diehard fan since 1961

Board footera