Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2016 5:59 pm  #1

9/05/2016 7:48 pm  #2

Re: Jason Strong

Another Strong 2 star recruit heavily recruited by many top schools! 

9/06/2016 1:29 pm  #3

FAM wrote:

Another Strong 2 star recruit heavily recruited by many top schools! 

Watching the video, this kid reminds me of a 2.0 version of Powell.  He is 6'9" very athletic and has a complete skill set (shoot, pass, rebound, play defense and block shots).  What is not to like?  The coaches have followed this kid for a while, and seen him play several times.  Assuming the video is a true picture of his ability, I would sign him in a NY minute.    

9/07/2016 4:50 pm  #4

Yale, Bucknell and Brown offers indicate that the lad is possessed of intelligence as well as hoops skills. It would be a great addition methinks. 

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

9/08/2016 8:06 am  #5

This is shaping up to be a big recruiting weekend for Jim Ferry.  In addition to Jason Strong, Jayvon Graves and Jamari Wheeler will be visiting.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jayvon-graves

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jamari-wheeler

9/08/2016 8:19 am  #6

Okay, I'll probably get blasted for this, but...it isn't that I don't like this kid!  This is never personal.  He is obviously very, very intelligent, and probably a wonderful young man.  And yes, we all know that the number of stars given do not always pan out.  With that said, there is also a lot of credence in the following:
1.  For any extremely strong player (no pun intended) there are numerous "winning programs, that of which we are not," who recruit the really strong players.  I am sorry, but he does not have a list of really strong basketball schools, both quantity and quality recruiting him.  To me, another example of just going after someone because we think we might be able to get him.
2.  Stars?  No they don't mean everything, but they are there.  If I told you that we could have 2 players with 3 and 4 stars sight unseen or two players with 2 starts sight unseen, who are you going to take a chance on?
3.  At times, probably because is has been so many times, The men's basketball programs has a lot of promise and strength between March and November.  Then when the season starts.
4.  Again, I am just providing my objective opinion - I too am tired of this team losing and just can't see us making a big push with players only rated 2 stars 95% of the time.
5.  Plus, we did lose our two guards last year, for sake of argument, our two best players and we didn't have a winning record then.
6.  It does seem that Ferry is either making more recruiting offers or it is just being advertised more.
7.  I am glad that Wheeler (above) is a 3 star.

As everyone else on this board, I love Duquesne and want them to win. 
Thanks for the therapy session.

Last edited by FAM (9/08/2016 8:23 am)

9/08/2016 8:51 am  #7

FAM I think the coaching staff is working really hard to bring in the best talent possible to the Bluff.  I can not fault their effort.  I think you know, they do not recruit kids sight unseen or based on stars. They have followed these kid for months and in some cases years.  They have offered 4 and 5 star recruits early who have predictably signed with major schools.   The kids they are bringing in this weekend IMHO are all A10 caliber players.  I stated my opinion on Strong above.  I think he would be as big of a steal as I-Mike.  Graves is on an unofficial visit, and Wheeler would be a major "get" for DU.  I wish JF the best of luck this weekend.

9/08/2016 10:06 am  #8

I too wish him luck!!!!

9/19/2016 5:47 pm  #9

Jason Strong has committed to Northeastern

Last edited by CLK (9/19/2016 5:48 pm)

9/19/2016 5:53 pm  #10

CLK wrote:

Jason Strong has committed to Northeastern

Can't win them all. On to the next target. Hopefully another forward with size and length.

Board footera