Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2016 6:46 am  #1

2016-2017 predictions

Last year a prediction posting was done by CLK , and I felt my guess was a little bit of hope but with a feel for the players we had.

This season I am kind of at a loss, can y'all help an ole fan with some of your insight on this upcoming season?

A diehard fan since 1961

9/28/2016 8:17 am  #2

Re: 2016-2017 predictions

Phildog wrote:

Last year a prediction posting was done by CLK , and I felt my guess was a little bit of hope but with a feel for the players we had.

This season I am kind of at a loss, can y'all help an ole fan with some of your insight on this upcoming season?

I'm at a loss as well. This is as tough a season to predict as I can remember. As I've said before, we don't have enough proven players to be able to really expect a very good season. Conversely, we also don't have a bunch of guys who have proven that they can't play at this level. We're adding 2 guys who have played at the P5 level, plus a guy who excelled at the mid major level. There is quite a bit of experience here, but not experience playing together. As a result of this, I can easily see the team struggling to find chemistry, and not doing well. I can also see a scenario where the soft early schedule helps them find their legs, and the team gets on a roll quickly, and has a breakthrough season. They could also struggle early, and then find their stride in the second half of the season. Basically, nothing would shock me, from a 10 win stinker, to a 23-24 win stunner.

9/28/2016 8:21 am  #3

duq81 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

I'm at a loss as well. This is as tough a season to predict as I can remember. As I've said before, we don't have enough proven players to be able to really expect a very good season. Conversely, we also don't have a bunch of guys who have proven that they can't play at this level. We're adding 2 guys who have played at the P5 level, plus a guy who excelled at the mid major level. There is quite a bit of experience here, but not experience playing together. As a result of this, I can easily see the team struggling to find chemistry, and not doing well. I can also see a scenario where the soft early schedule helps them find their legs, and the team gets on a roll quickly, and has a breakthrough season. They could also struggle early, and then find their stride in the second half of the season. Basically, nothing would shock me, from a 10 win stinker, to a 23-24 win stunner.

Couldn't agree more with all of this 81.

9/28/2016 8:40 am  #4

Phil, I was thinking that I would wait until after Media Day to post the Official "Get On The Record" thread, but this is a good a time as any.  Like last year, posters can change their prediction up until the first game (after the exhibition game). So I will post the thread.

Board footera